Author Topic: Is the future of the bald look in Jeopardy?  (Read 10572 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Is the future of the bald look in Jeopardy?
« on: August 22, 2017, 06:59:03 AM »
OK, we all know that we live in an age of political correctness and knee-jerk reactions. It drives me NUTS. It took years for it to become cool and socially acceptable to shave your head. I'm wondering if all the recent happenings with Neo nazis and skinheads will make it be deemed racist again by some.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Is the future of the bald look in Jeopardy?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 08:29:13 AM »
I think the bald look is here to stay. A hairstyle has absolutely no impact on a person's beliefs. It's sad when we still associate hairstyles (and other customs) with race and racism in 2017.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:13:46 AM »
OK, we all know that we live in an age of political correctness and knee-jerk reactions. It drives me NUTS. It took years for it to become cool and socially acceptable to shave your head. I'm wondering if all the recent happenings with Neo nazis and skinheads will make it be deemed racist again by some.
I doubt it will change opinions on us bald guys.  Also most neo nazis are not shaved  anymore.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »
Well, evidently it is not just the sly bald guys that need to be careful.  Some people just jump to conclusions about others with very little information about the person.  It could be your haircut, your facial hair, your skin color, or how you are dressed.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:25:31 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 10:24:23 AM »

BTW - if every white guy with a haircut similar to the one above is a Neo-Nazi, then we have a really bigger problem than we think.  That is likely the most common hairstyle I see among white guys under 40 that still have hair, but I do not know a single Neo-Nazi (fortunately).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:43:44 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:39:34 AM »
While I can't speak for the entire country, I don't think it will be a big issue, in general.

But you do have me wondering, why did the supremicists adopt that look?  Or why did it become associated with them?  Kinda like the LBGT community and rainbows.  I'm not gay, but can't I still like rainbows?

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 12:19:41 PM »
I think it might depend on where you live.  I live in a major metropolitan area and shaved heads are common across all walks of life so it would be hard to determine a person's beliefs just by seeing his bald head. 

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 07:03:39 PM »
I think everyone here is right. I just wanted to get everyone's 2 cents.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 06:42:28 AM »
I dunno how it could be in jeopardy, I mean, I couldn't grow hair on my head to save my life! hahaha! I'm bald for good no matter what. I'm sure I'm not the only one here
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 09:56:47 AM »
We're protected by a wonderful thing called the Constitution. I've worn uniforms since 1979-80 defending it. Wear the haircut(or shaved head) you want.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »
the 'age of political correctness' is a meaningless f'ing BULLSHIT.

it's a term assholes banter to be feel better about themselves about BEING f'ing assholes. After all, it's a birthright—and f'ing simple EASY— to be a f**k'n insulting, insensitive DICK. Anyone moron can do it!

BTW, you bald looks great on you. No worries about it going out of style.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 12:40:19 PM »
I agree. I hope that the sly dome is here to stay. I sure love mine.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 03:19:24 PM »
Absolutely zero chance of it going out of style. Actually, shaved heads are becoming a major style here. I was at a car show yeasterday, and there were at least 30 totally shaved guys there. One difference I noticed, many were in their 20s or early 30s.

I wonder if they realize how hard it is to go back to hair after having a bald head for awhile. Well, they all seemed pretty happy with a shaved head. I got quite a few bald guy head nods!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 09:01:22 PM »
Awesome Red Dog.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2018, 02:47:41 PM »
I don't know where you live buddy but political correctness doesn't mean a damn thing. Do you read twitter, youtube comments, facebook, snap, gram, reddit? Listen to radio, the news, talk shows, comedy, etc?

For even people who have compassion, and empathy, and understand for others, KNOW speaking in impulse without regard for consequence of hurting others is the language of 2017 and beyond.

If you think you can't reveal your deepest and darkest thoughts out loud, I don't know on which planet you're living. Complaining about PC is something freaks did in the 1980s, 90s.

Say whatever the f**k comes to your mind. Nobody cares.

Enter your email address: