Author Topic: Frustrated with shadow  (Read 5426 times)

Offline baldingguy21

• Learning the way of Sly
Frustrated with shadow
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:05:25 PM »
I have pale skin and brown hair which I understand could leave some shadow but I see other people with the same hair color/skin and barely any shadow if any at all. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The way it is now it's basically more of a shaved noggin than anything resembling a bald head. Maybe I'm shaving wrong. If I took a picture of myself my entire hairline is visible in pictures. The horseshoe in the back is noticeable too. What I do is put on is hot water on my head, put shaving cream, then use mach3 and go front to back in the front from my forehead to the top of my head... Maybe I need to wait like 5 minutes after putting shaving cream before I shave instead of instantly?

Is it possible that the mach 3 doesn't go for my head?  I don"t kNOW..>

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Frustrated with shadow
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 04:36:17 AM »
If your shaving against the grain and you don't feel bad any stubble after shaving, you might just have thick, dark hair. In that case, the only thing you can do is get some tan on your head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 09:06:08 AM »
I have a thick dark horseshoe and when I shave I literally take all stubble off. I go in all directions till my whole head is baby soft. Even rubbing my hands all over to make sure I've got it all. I don't get much shadow at all from this. I did however ditch my mach 3 as I felt it wasn't shaving as close. I use a fusion now or my moto. I always shave in the shower too.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 09:48:54 PM »
The shadow is something you have to learn to live with.  We all have it.  It's less noticeable on guys who have lighter colored hair or darker complexions.  It doesn't always show up in photos depending on lighting conditions.  Most other people won't notice it as much as you do, so don't focus too much on it.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 06:04:20 AM »
One advantage of having white hair, no shadow at all. You will all get there someday!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline J_Scott

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 04:28:23 PM »
I'm someone with a fairly dark horseshoe shadow, I can't recommend enough shaving against the grain and the then shaving with the grain. Also getting color on your dome will do wonders and make it far less noticeable.

Offline Burnt_Burito

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 12:02:53 AM »
I've had this same problem. When I first shaved my head it looked as though I almost had very short bleached hair because my scalp was not as tan as my face. Now I have that "shadow" look because I have very dark and coarse hair. I believe if you're light complected with dark hair you may be SOL. However if you're light skinned with light hair you should notice no shadow, or dark skinned with dark hair. The only thing I could recommend is get some good sun exposure on that dome