Author Topic: Good product(s) to make my new bald head shiny?  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Trevor

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Just a 16-year-old newbie
Good product(s) to make my new bald head shiny?
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:51:39 PM »
Okay, so about 3 or 4 days ago I shaved my head 100% bald, I really love the shiny head look. So I've been using coconut oil to make it shiny, but coconut oil is getting a bit annoying now, I can't take it to school with me because it goes from solid to liquid in about an hour in a container, and it's just starting to run down the side of my face without me noticing it depending on how "runny" the oil is when I first put it on. Is there any wax or oil or something that will make my head shiny, and stay the same consistency? Also, my head is very oily when I use coconut oil, people think that I have sweat on my head, and whenever they touch it they have to wipe their hands (no matter how much I put on, I assure you, I don't over apply) it'd be nice if the product also didn't make it look and feel this way, but it's not a must.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Good product(s) to make my new bald head shiny?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 04:26:27 AM »
What works great for me is scrubbing my scrap before I shave.

I take a small handful of plain kosher salt while I am in the shower, and scrub. Then I shave as usual. The salt exfoliates my scalp really well and seems to get me a closer shave. (It also is incredibly cheap!)

My scalp gleams every morning without having to apply an oil.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 05:27:14 AM »
Congratulations and welcome to the bald head club.

I get a great shine by doing the ice cube rub then rubbing refrigerated witch hazel on my head. You can mix some aloe in the witch hazel for more shine. Exfoliating once or twice a week helps too.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 07:17:13 AM »
After a fresh shave , I have a shiny scalp and I only use witch hazel.  Less is better for me I find.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."