Author Topic: Wahl Balding Clipper vs Philips HeadGroom QC5580  (Read 13417 times)

Offline -Nemesis-

• Learning the way of Sly
Wahl Balding Clipper vs Philips HeadGroom QC5580
« on: August 13, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »
Hello everyone, and sorry for the new topic,
Im new around the board, but already shaving my head the last 3 years.
Untill now I used to shave my head + face with Gilette Fusion ProGlide but I almost got sick of it..
I usually save firstly staight the grain and after that against the grain, both the face and the head. I do that almost every 6 days.
But this thing takes me over 30mins and I'm too tired to do it any more..
So I'm looking for a better option since I want to keep the bald look.

Last weeks I was almost close to buy the Wahl Balding clipper, which has the best reviews. Last days I noticed also some words about the Philips HeadGroom QC5580.
The fact is that Wahl may be a better built machine, and a more trustful futureproof one, but the maintenance seems to be tricky and I doubt if this is the best solution for face shaving.
On the other hand Philips can be cleared with water, it must do better work for face since its shave attachment wont cause any hurts. But I dont know about the futureproof of this one, and if its really fast as it seems.

Im comfused in which one to order.. I want the fastest one and the one that will make my whole head to have the perfect "nearly razor" look.

Thnx in advance everyone.

Cheers!

Offline -Nemesis-

Re: Wahl Balding Clipper vs Philips HeadGroom QC5580
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:34:17 AM »
 @n(

Offline Focus

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:53:44 AM »
Do you want to shave or to buzz short?

If you want to shave your head, keep your Gilette. At first, I used to use the Philips QC 5550. It is great for a short buzz but very unpractical, expensive, and takes a long time if you want to shave.

Offline -Nemesis-

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 04:51:16 AM »
Like I said Im tired of razors.. If its not totally shaved, I want the same effect of a Wahl Balding.. Like 1day shaved head.
Like this one actually..

Offline Focus

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »
Yes this is the philips. I own one. It takes a very long time to shave with this machine.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 03:00:42 PM »
I don't know what you've heard about maintenance and Wahl but...I've had mine for five or more years and apart from judicious cleaning and an occasional dollop of Wahl oil, I've had no problems. I usually do shave everyday-head with Gillette, face with Mekur DE but for those days when I run a day or three behind schedule, I start at my neck with my Wahl and end up on top of my head-carefully avoiding my 'stache and while I'm not clean shaven and don't feel clean shaven, it looks 99..44/100s% clean shaven. Based on what I paid for my Wahl clippers and assuming I only hit the barber shop for a short, short clip every three weeks at $7.00 (the local price for a short cup with clippers) I'd have saved enough to buy Wahls for all the guys I know plus a bottle of oil.  These are the best of the best. Buy them and should there be some mysterious maintenance problems, Wahl is the sort of honourable firm that will correct the problem immediately.

Offline -Nemesis-

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 03:08:31 AM »
The fact is that I want a really short haircut not shaved, Wahl is a good option but I dont know how many lenght attachments does it has. So in case that I wont go for full bald again, Wahl would be a good option for a really short buzz style? Or philips seems better?