Author Topic: "We got a Bleeder!"  (Read 9224 times)

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
"We got a Bleeder!"
« on: January 12, 2013, 03:25:28 PM »
Hey SBG's,

Gave myself quite a nasty cut yesterday.

The offending razor was the headblade, although it was 100% user error.

Broke all the basic rules:
I was shaving ATG
- With a bit of pressure
- Going really fast
- and with minimal lubrication.

I cut above my left ear, around the size of a grape.

I literally shaved a few layers of skin off, I literally pulled the chunk of skin out of the razor after. I felt the skin bunch up in front of the razor, a bit of pressure and then a slight popping noise. Then some stinging, I honestly thought I shaved off a mole that I didn't now I had lol.

It bled for ages, I used a cold compress, isopropyl alcohol, alum, styptic, and Witchhazel until it finally stopped. It doesn't look to bad ATM so I guess it could be worse.

The plan is to continue shaving as normal but only going WTG over that little spot till it heals.

It was my first 'real' cut since I started shaving, and hopefully the last!

Tldr;
I was pressing to hard and cut my self and it bled like a mofo.

So remember guys stay light on the pressure.

Cheers

Lynchy

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Re: "We got a Bleeder!"
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
Sorry to hear that Bro.,

That sucks and I have done it with the HB sport , right above the ear.  No matter what razor if time isn't taken .   ;)  Enough said I like a man that can just come out and say it was me !  O0  Hope it feels up fast brother.   8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 04:20:24 PM »
Just finished shaving again now.

As I said didn't push for BBS over that area and all seems to be well.

My mother in law is a nurse and has given me some special cream to put on it!

Yes, I can totally admit to user error, a poor head shaver blames his tools!
Lynchy

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 04:27:40 PM »
Glad to hear bro. head wounds bleed like a stuck hog.  Heard that somewhere.  Take your time bro.. O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 06:04:06 PM »
I've done similar mate, again total user error, I was doing something I thought I shouldn't be doing at the time, but felt it was worth the risk if I could get that BBS shave easier... buried the razor in the side of my head, lucky I was able to stop myself and it was just a nasty cut, no layers removed.

Sounds like you've got it all under control though, especially if you got some special cream off your mother in law, I'm guessing it'll be good stuff, and you'll heal up in no time!

Offline Kevin G

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 06:14:43 PM »
Sorry to hear about the cut Lynchy.  Hopefully it heals up fast for you.  Honestly the only thing keeping from trying a Headblade Sport is the fact that you can cut yourself pretty bad if you make a mistake with it from what I have read.  I have been sticking to more forgiving blades for that reason, but maybe sometime I will get the guts to try it.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »
My cut was from my own stupidity, please don't let it keep you from giving the sport a try. I honestly wouldn't go back to anything else!
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 06:42:29 PM »
As long as you keep use little to no pressure, and don't go too fast, don't do any u-turns to get missed bits or anything like that you'll be fine. If you want to give it a try I say go for it Kevin, it is a great razor and you probably will never do anything to damaging.

Now that I'm used to how it works, and how my dome terrain flows, I'm lucky to get a nick with it, or should I say unlucky. Lynchy and everyone else who uses it will attest to the same thing.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »
It's funny -- but I as I was using my HB Sport this morning just for the third time I was thinking "How come all these blokes talk about getting nicks with this as it seems to be so forgiving of less than perfect technique?"

Then later when I was sitting down l realised I'd missed a small spot and I thought about grabbing the sport and going over it dry. And then I remembered that Beardman had said that he had cut himself doing something he shouldn't have been doing and I knew that I shouldn't shave dry -- so I have just left it for tomorrow.

The moral of your story is I guess, you can't escape karma -- you take the risks and sometimes pay the price.

But Lynchy, if there is a next time then don't forget the photos.

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 07:38:12 PM »
Bugga Lynchy, sorry to hear about your mishap mate.
Doesn't take much to get a war injury when you get a little slack.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 08:12:34 PM »
Ouch! Hope you heal fast, Lynchy!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 09:30:44 PM »
Thanks guys, I thought about taking pics but was in a rush for a wedding!
Lynchy

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 09:40:20 PM »
Ouch. Yeah, the Sport is a bit dangerous if you forget to take your time and get sloppy. I've done the same thing with it on the top/back of my head when going too fast and putting some pressure on it. The upshot is, the scalp is one of the fastest healing spots on the body and it should heal up in no time.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: "We got a Bleeder!"
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 10:15:28 PM »
Been there, done that... (not to THAT extreme though)  Here's to a speedy recovery!

Cheers,
Ro

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 11:19:28 PM »
Hope it heals before the Canberra group meet on Friday.
Roger

Enter your email address: