Author Topic: HeadBlade for face?  (Read 5055 times)

jusbnme

HeadBlade for face?
« on: March 21, 2007, 01:45:02 PM »
What's up my sly bros.?  I know that HB tells us we can use the HB for the face by reversing the cartridge.  I've tried it a few times and it works decently for me if I go with the grain.  But if I try to go against the grain it really pulls like a mother and usually leaves me with bad irritation.  I've been having to use my Mach 3 to go against the grain on my face.  I use the HeadBlade against the grain on my dome.  I was just going with the grain all over for a while there so I wouldn't have to use 2 different razors.  I was just wondeing if anyone else out there uses the HeadBlade on the face and if they could give me some tips on how to make it more comfortable?  Because for some reason I'm the kind of guy who thinks it's a little silly to have to use two different products, or just razors in this case, to shave both the head and the face.  I love the HeadBlade but if I can't get the results out of it I want on my face I might be going back to my Mach 3 for the whole sha-bang. 

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: HeadBlade for face?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:59:33 PM »
i've given up on my fusion for that reason...its pretty comfortable going with the grain on the face..but against the grain it pulls like crazy on short strokes...i went back to my old faithful sensor 2 blade and when i run out of the tri blades from headblade...i will get an adapter for the sensor.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline DayoftheDAWG86

• Rob
  • Learning the way of Sly
    • My myspace
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
I've shaved my face with headblade before. Just try and concentrate on using the least amount of preassure as needed, I noticed with me I would press a little harder than needed trying to control the HB razor on my neck, I think it's a little awkward to use on the face.

I prefer using a 'conventional' razor on the face. Facial hair is pretty coarse and gets jammed between the blades and its fairly difficult to rinse out using the HB razor. I understand that shaving against the grain on the face will increase the chance of irritation no matter the razor you use... Another reason I dont like using headblade on my face is I have broken two adaptors with my big clumsy fingers switching the blade around.
"What about the kick in the groin, everybody under estimates the kick in the groin man if you want to win a street fight thats the first thing to do"   Bas Rutten

jusbnme

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 04:14:55 PM »
Thanks for the feedback sly bros. and welcome DOTD86. 

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 04:16:34 PM »
I noticed in the headblade video on YouTube that Frank Trigg used it for a facial shave ().  It looked awkward to me.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 05:49:03 PM »
I noticed in the headblade video on YouTube that Frank Trigg used it for a facial shave ().  It looked awkward to me.

Thanks for the link bro.  It gave me a little more to go by.  They give you some direction on the HB site and on the box that the HB blade comes in but I've never gotten to actually see a real person using it.  Thanks again. 

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 09:13:25 PM »
Nothing against the HeadBlade, Its the Best for shaving the Head, and he Trip Razors are nice, get the job done on the dome for a all day smooth shave... But as far as the face is concerned, I will stick with the Mach 3 Turbo 0#.  Its just, the design is better for a facial shave, add to that, I just want to make sure that I keep the HeadBlade Razors solid for as long as possible... I get a Nic or a Cut on my face, that is easily taken care of, Nic or a Cut on the dome and I am pretty much screwed because it just looks bad. 
Peace