Author Topic: What's the best exfoliator?  (Read 15736 times)

Offline PhriendOfChrist

• Sly Guy in Training
What's the best exfoliator?
« on: March 18, 2007, 10:01:27 PM »
First, I would like to congratulate myself for starting the most feminine thread in the forum.   O0

That being said.....what exfoliator do you use?

I purchased one today made by Axe that's called "Snake Skin".  I'll be sure to post a review of it in a couple weeks or so.  My only concern with this product (and many others) are the number of chemicals that are in them.  I suspect that this isn't very healthy!  In the near future I plan to start purchasing all-natural (organic) grooming products from my local health store.  It's a little more expensive -- but at least I won't die of cancer!   :px
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:05:10 PM by PhriendOfChrist »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: What's the best exfoliator?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:41:49 PM »
I think that most of the guys will say it's HeadShed and I agree.  But, St. Ives Apricot Scrub is pretty good if you can get past buying a feminine product.  My wife uses it, so I can just use hers...lol
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:18:55 AM »
Head Shed
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 09:15:53 PM »
Bro, if you are looking for an organic Product, you are going to be hard pressed to find anything that works comparatively as well as HeadShed.  You are talking a working ALL NATURAL formula right there.  Can't go wrong with something Bald Tested and Sly Approved  8)
Peace

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:28:58 PM »
i bought some st.ives apricot scrub tonight..works just as good as headshed imo...it is oil free and has all natural exfoliators...has the simular texture as headshed except you dont squeeze it out a bottle..you scoop it out with ya finger..its alil thicker too and the exfoliates are bigger than headshed....best part about it is its almost half price cheaper and widely available.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 09:36:14 PM »
I second what Kajun said.  The St. Ives' Apricot Scrub works great and is priced good. 

Good luck. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 11:26:11 PM »
I ran out of my typical exfoliating cleanser and I'm using St. Ives right now post shave.  I really like it.  Still using HeadShed as a pre-shave exfoliant.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 06:03:33 AM »
As I've mentioined in another post around here, I found some generic St. Ives' Apricot Scrub at a Target.  If you have one in your area it's a Target brand.  It's the exact same thing but it costs a buck less.  I haven't tried that yet though so it may, or may not, work as good as the St. Ives'. 

I definitely respect your opinion on the whole chemical and cancer thing PhriendofChrist but now-a-days bro you have a chance of getting cancer by just walking out your door.  I think it's all ready set in motion bro.  If it's your time, it's your time.  But I do 100% respect your point of view.  Peace POC. 

P.S. When will we see some sly pics?

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 07:08:50 AM »
Since Kajun was asking about a post-shave exfoliator, here is one that my wife uses. She uses Sea Salt in the shower after her usual face scrub. It's a natural exfoliant, because the granules are rather large and it is supposed to close the pores also. I told her that most of us use the cold water theory to close the pores. She agreed that it would work, but may be a shock to the skin. I'm still using the cold water, because it's a good wake-up also. But there is another idea for ya.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 07:53:47 AM »
For something cheap that works, I reccomend Loreal Men's "Power Buff" Its available at most stores and CVS

It works great, but don't do it before you shave. Do it at night or your skin will get super red and itchy.

jusbnme

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 07:21:05 PM »
First, I would like to congratulate myself for starting the most feminine thread in the forum.   O0

That being said.....what exfoliator do you use?

I purchased one today made by Axe that's called "Snake Skin".  I'll be sure to post a review of it in a couple weeks or so.  My only concern with this product (and many others) are the number of chemicals that are in them.  I suspect that this isn't very healthy!  In the near future I plan to start purchasing all-natural (organic) grooming products from my local health store.  It's a little more expensive -- but at least I won't die of cancer!   :px

What's up bro?  I just wanted to let you know that I stopped in at a Wal-Greens today and noticed an all natural Body and Face Scrub.  Have you ever heard of a line of products called "Burt's."  It's been around for quite a while.  I've never used any of it myself but I know of some people that have and they say it's a decent product line.  I think this stuff was called "Burt's Peach Face and Body Scrub."  Something like that.  But in case you have never heard of it just look on the label for a sailor looking guy with a long full beard, sailor hat, and a pipe in his mouth.  It's a little pricey though.  But I thought it was worth mentioning to you since you said you were looking for something natural.  Good luck bro.  Peace.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 04:37:21 PM »
I'll have to throw a vote toward HeadShed too.  It works well enough for me I haven't even looked for anything else!   :)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 04:38:17 PM »
Welcome Sgt Pate!

Like your signature line too

jusbnme

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 05:23:33 PM »
Welcome Sgt. Pate. 

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 07:33:42 PM »
Welcome my brother!  Nice Tag Line.   ;D
Peace