Author Topic: Know a great, inexpensive razor?  (Read 5825 times)

Offline PhriendOfChrist

• Sly Guy in Training
Know a great, inexpensive razor?
« on: March 17, 2007, 07:20:46 PM »
Most people in here seem to use the Gillette Fusion, Mach 3, or the HeadBlade.  Of course, all of these seem to be fairly expensive.

Does anyone get a great head-shave using a less expensive razor?  If so, what razor do you use?

(I'm looking for the closest shave that I can get).

Thanks!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Know a great, inexpensive razor?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:29:21 PM »
gillete sensor is prob the cheapest of the "quality" razors and blades...i've been using it on my face for years and it works great on the head also...
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 08:25:45 PM »
Man, if you invest in a Headblade just once, after that you can get some generic Atra style blades for it. I would recommend the Personna Auto Plus. They run about $3.26 for 10. That seems pretty inexpensive to me, and $12.00 for the Headblade is a one time fee and is WELL worth they money. I got mine at Walgreens.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 08:54:03 PM »
i would have to agree with the funnel weaver. one time investment, then not real pricey after that.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
I would have to agree with them POC. The Gilette Good News is a good inexpensive shave.

Offline PhriendOfChrist

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »
Just found out that HeadBlade and I don't seem to share the same values.  Sorry....but I just can't support them with my $$$.    :XX

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 09:42:40 PM »
Just found out that HeadBlade and I don't seem to share the same values.  Sorry....but I just can't support them with my $$$.    :XX

Care to elaborate? I would like to know.

Offline PhriendOfChrist

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 10:07:04 PM »
No, I don't care to elaborate too much -- because it could cause some people to anger.    :-X

Though HeadBlade does seem to be pretty open about their support for ultimate fighting.  I'd just hate to know that some of my money helped to promote something that causes people to be knocked unconscious!    :P

Don't be upset with me though.  I also don't by any products from companies that help to fund Al Qaeda.   O0

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 10:15:33 PM »
No, I don't care to elaborate too much -- because it could cause some people to anger.    :-X

Though HeadBlade does seem to be pretty open about their support for ultimate fighting.  I'd just hate to know that some of my money helped to promote something that causes people to be knocked unconscious!    :P

Don't be upset with me though.  I also don't by any products from companies that help to fund Al Qaeda.   O0

It's all good, brother. To each his own, and I respect everyone's personal opinions and choices in life.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 12:38:52 AM »
I would go with the Funnel Weaver in that the personna blades are very inexpensive and do a good job.  You can get the razor and blades at Wal-Mart.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PhriendOfChrist

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 10:04:04 PM »
Well, I purchased some Gillette Sensor blades today.  $6.12 for four of them at Wal-Mart.  I'll be sure to post a review after I've shaved a few times.  (My dad AND my grandpa think they're the greatest things on Earth).

Of course, neither of them shave their heads!   :*))

Actually....does anyone know how this razors differ from the Mach 3?  Both made by Gillette....both have three blades....hmmmm....
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:12:17 PM by PhriendOfChrist »

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 10:40:17 PM »
Well, I purchased some Gillette Sensor blades today.  $6.12 for four of them at Wal-Mart.  I'll be sure to post a review after I've shaved a few times.  (My dad AND my grandpa think they're the greatest things on Earth).

Of course, neither of them shave their heads!   :*))

Actually....does anyone know how this razors differ from the Mach 3?  Both made by Gillette....both have three blades....hmmmm....

I am in LOVE with the Sensor Excel. I've found that double blade razors beat triple blade when it comes to the head, but that's just me.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 04:47:43 AM »
I'll be ghetto and mention, that if you write (e-mail) gillette or schick with a compliment or whatever, they'll usually send you a coupon for free merch.

The Old Spice 4x razors are usually dirt cheap but I've not the guts to try them out.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 01:45:19 PM »
I would also stand with funnelweaver and pburke... Look at it this way, you could spend your cash on say a nice pair of cloths, or a soda here or there through the week... Or you can make the one time investment on a Razor that is going to do a nice job on your head, making you look better, feel better, and just in general live a better life.  People who tell me that they do not have $15 ever two-4weeks or so should evaluate their lifestyle... you can always sqweeze some change out the couch.   O:O
Peace