Author Topic: Expensive ass razors  (Read 6803 times)

Offline cbey2182

• Sly Guy in Training
Expensive ass razors
« on: January 20, 2016, 03:54:23 AM »
Only been shaving my head for about 3 months and im already tired of paying 20 dollars for 5 damn blades. Any suggestions for a cheaper option?

Offline cbey2182

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Expensive ass razors
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 03:56:42 AM »
Mach 3 btw

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 05:29:55 AM »
The one touch Safety Blade sold at Walgreens or WalMart (the one with the picture of the dude from Pawn Stars). The handle is 19.99 and comes with 12 Dorco Razors. A pack of Refill razors (12) are 7.99. If you keep the razors clean and apply a light coat of baby oil, you can use blades more than once! (I gave one as a Christmas gift to my brother in law who started shaving on New Year's day, finally!). The key is you have to take your time using a safety razor as they cut fairly easy.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline cbey2182

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 05:37:43 AM »
The one touch Safety Blade sold at Walgreens or WalMart (the one with the picture of the dude from Pawn Stars). The handle is 19.99 and comes with 12 Dorco Razors. A pack of Refill razors (12) are 7.99. If you keep the razors clean and apply a light coat of baby oil, you can use blades more than once! (I gave one as a Christmas gift to my brother in law who started shaving on New Year's day, finally!). The key is you have to take your time using a safety razor as they cut fairly easy.
Thanks

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 04:47:47 PM »
Not trying to be rude, but when I first read the title of this thread, I thought, "Now THAT is a part of my anatomy I never would consider shaving."
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 05:09:19 PM »
Not trying to be rude, but when I first read the title of this thread, I thought, "Now THAT is a part of my anatomy I never would consider shaving."

You beat me to it.   ;D

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 09:02:49 PM »

You beat me to it.   ;D

Lmao
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 10:07:20 PM »
Only been shaving my head for about 3 months and im already tired of paying 20 dollars for 5 damn blades. Any suggestions for a cheaper option?
That is an easy one.  Go to www.badgerandblade.com and research DE or SE razors.  It is a forum that embraces the traditional way of shaving using a DE, SE, or straight razor using a brush, and shave soap or cream. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline cbey2182

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 04:59:13 PM »
Lmaoooooooooooo. Gotta get the butt crumbs out somehow!

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 11:23:16 AM »
Razorsharp Razor Blade Sharpener/ Cleaner https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005BQ7Y98/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_0FoTwbA4DP22F

I use one of these, and its made a genuine difference... I have even started using fusion proglide as they last a lot longer which reduces their price to not using it.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »
I use the Dollar Shave Club razors.  The executive (6 blade) is $9 US per month, delivered to my home.  I get a really great shave and you can't beat the price!

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 02:56:11 PM »
A LONG time away from here, but I am forced ("forced?" by whom?) to repeat what I said a few times, months, MONTHS ago: "Disposable razors do a good-enough job."  Just who are you trying to impress with your slickness?  Thought so.  Yourself.  Or whoever fondles your dome--and what would they know about the degree of slick?  And the day after?

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 03:13:25 PM »
I don't think anyone is trying to impress anyone. Just because we have a different view on what razors we prefer doesn't make us wrong.  I've tried disposables in the past and didn't like them.  If you do, great.  I use what I like, too. 

Offline Pohawk

• Learning the way of Sly
    • WBT
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 08:48:00 AM »
Dollar shave club, $6 a month works great for me. Then I use hyperallergenic shampoo and brings out a nice shine.
Pohawk of the South

Offline cbey2182

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 07:55:10 PM »
I purchased the van der hagen safety razor set. The bumps are gone and my head is smooth as hell. My girl loves it and i second her motion. Never going back to cartridges. Im in love. There is a "art of shaving" store in the mall around here and I'm pretty sure im gonna buy some soap and bowl set ups. If u haven't tried a safety razor u definitely should.