Author Topic: Alba Botanica products  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
Alba Botanica products
« on: July 08, 2007, 09:52:40 PM »
Well I have been using the body wash for some time since I like the smell of the Islands http://albabotanica.com and now they just came out with a Coconut Dry Tanning Oil with SPF 4.  My wife picked me up a bottle to try to protect my head this week as I try to get some tan when outside during my normal work day.  I'm not totally under the sun, as I drive around but when I get out to do each ulility underground locate.

Just thought I would pass this one along.  If your interested most Health Food Stores carry this product, and from being a user of the body wash, I can tell you it has a very pleasing after smell that gets the ladies attention.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Alba Botanica products
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 10:48:45 PM »
Have you tried the shave gel?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 11:31:20 PM »
J_B, be careful with an SPF4.  It sounds a little dangerous.  The lowest I go is a 15, and that's only if I don't plan on being out for an extended period of time.

Tyler, I've used the Alba shave cream in a squeeze tube and wasn't impressed with it for my head (not really a smooth shave like Headslick), or my face for that matter.  But everyone is different as to what works best, and the Alba was only 4-5 bucks at Whole Foods Market, so I didn't feel like I wasted too much money seeing how it worked.  You mentioned shave gel, so I don't know if that's something different from what I tried.  I didn't see anything called 'gel' on their site.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:18:51 AM »
J_B, be careful with an SPF4.  It sounds a little dangerous.  The lowest I go is a 15, and that's only if I don't plan on being out for an extended period of time.

Tyler, I've used the Alba shave cream in a squeeze tube and wasn't impressed with it for my head (not really a smooth shave like Headslick), or my face for that matter.  But everyone is different as to what works best, and the Alba was only 4-5 bucks at Whole Foods Market, so I didn't feel like I wasted too much money seeing how it worked.  You mentioned shave gel, so I don't know if that's something different from what I tried.  I didn't see anything called 'gel' on their site.

Thanks Stew.  It was a typo, should have said cream.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 05:59:54 AM »
Have you tried the shave gel?

No I haven't yet, I have been using Gillette for sensitive skin and it works real well on shaving every morning.  After I get in from work and shower, I have been using the Alba After Sun lotion and so far, so good.  During the day I do alternate between wearing my company cap to not wearing it off and on, so I am not getting blasted on the noggin.

If I were in the sun all day outside, I would use an SPF that is much higher.  I see Banana has a Sports Spray high rated SPF15 that is out as well which I think I will get and try.