Author Topic: After Shave Lotion with Sunscreen  (Read 12501 times)

Offline valldo

• Sly
After Shave Lotion with Sunscreen
« on: September 07, 2011, 04:55:23 AM »
Hi, over the summer that is nearing it's end I have been using different After Shave Lotions such as the Headlube Glossy and Aloe Vera Gels. On the days I was going to stay outside for a long time or when I was heading to the beach, I had to apply lots of sunscreen afterwards.
I know of the Bald Guyz and Headblade Lotions with SPF 15 and 30.
Besides telling which you prefer and why, is there any other lotion that combines hydrating and sun protection that you can recommend. A non greasy feeling would be most desired.
Does anyone only apply a regular sunscreen after shaving?

The ultimate would be to find a 'all in one thing': Moisturizer, Sun Protector, Shiny Look and non greasy

Thanks guys

Offline customdoors1

• Big Baldie
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Pete
Re: After Shave Lotion with Sunscreen
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:00:11 AM »
I've been looking for the same thing . I use headblade glossy would love to see them make it with a SPF 15
Big Baldie
😎😎😎

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 06:48:01 AM »
I've used HeadLube Glossy with SPF 30 and it works pretty well and doesn't feel greasy to me, but I don't use it every day.  I've used HeadLube Glossy without the sunblock and it feels much greasier, so I rarely use it anymore.

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 11:04:56 AM »
I've used HeadLube Glossy with SPF 30 and it works pretty well and doesn't feel greasy to me, but I don't use it every day.  I've used HeadLube Glossy without the sunblock and it feels much greasier, so I rarely use it anymore.
Is there really a such thing as HeadLube Glossy with SPF 30? Mine simply says "HeadLube Moisture Lotion SPF 30".  Then there's HeadLube Glossy Moisture Lotion and HeadLube Matte Moisture Lotion (neither of which mention sunscreen or SPF in HeadBlade's online descriptions).  Maybe I'm missing a product?

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 11:59:29 AM »
I think they may have changed the name - Headlube with SPF 30 used to say "glossy".  If the product doesn't say it includes SPF 30, then it's just the regular moisturizer (which I'm not a fan of).  I can vouch for the fact that HeadLube with SPF 30 makes your head shine.  I used on vacation at the beach and it had a nice shine while giving me good burn protection.

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »
...I can vouch for the fact that HeadLube with SPF 30 makes your head shine...
Interesting.  I've been using the HeadLube with SPF 30 for a week, now, and it seems like it tones down my shine (which I prefer).

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »
I can only tell what I know from other posts in this forum cause I have only tried the Headlube Glossy:
Headlube Glossy and Matte are only moisturizers if there is no mention of any kind of SPF. The glossy, as assumed, gives a very nice shine
The Headlube SPF is a Matte lotion and not available in it's glossy version. That's what I have read
I will try it anyway to see the level of shine it gives

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »
I can only tell what I know from other posts in this forum cause I have only tried the Headlube Glossy:
Headlube Glossy and Matte are only moisturizers if there is no mention of any kind of SPF. The glossy, as assumed, gives a very nice shine
The Headlube SPF is a Matte lotion and not available in it's glossy version. That's what I have read
I will try it anyway to see the level of shine it gives

With due respect to npsbg, I've noticed no shine with the SPF version, nor does the product packaging or HeadBlade's websitge make any such claims.

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 07:36:43 AM »
In order to get a good shine and also sun protection at the same time I thought to apply two different products after the daily shave, let's say maybe the Matte Headlube with SPF and an Aloe Vera Gel for the shine. My question is, will the effect of a second product (Aloe Vera Gel) minimise the effects of the SPF applied first?
So when applying two products, will the one applied first be less effective as if applied alone?

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 09:03:29 AM »
In order to get a good shine and also sun protection at the same time I thought to apply two different products after the daily shave, let's say maybe the Matte Headlube with SPF and an Aloe Vera Gel for the shine. My question is, will the effect of a second product (Aloe Vera Gel) minimise the effects of the SPF applied first?
So when applying two products, will the one applied first be less effective as if applied alone?

I've been told applying a 2nd product will not have an effect on the first product (with SPF). Remember though that sunscreen with SPF must be reapplied often through out the day as sweating wiping the head etc will diminish it's effects.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 09:42:04 AM »
I've been applying Nivea Extreme and my UVA/UVB suncreen together--putting a dab of each on my freshly scraped grape right after a wipe down with hydrogen peroxide--then after that dries some 100% aloe vera gel. 
I'm trying to get used to wearing a hat while driving my car with the top down--but I am having some trouble getting used to feeling the cap on my head--it's a work in progress.  I only use sunscreen if I'm going to be out in the sun other than in the car--just don't like hats. 

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 09:48:35 AM »
I've found that when I mix certain products with aloe that when they dry I get white residue - looks like dried powder.  It wipes right off but I'm certain I'm losing the benefit of something.  Have found that if I put on oneproduct and let it dry/absorb  for 5 minutesor so I don't get the residue.  

Also, Banana Boat Sport SPF30 with DriBlok (it's a spray on) gives an incredibe shine without needing to use headlube or aloe.  I've used the Banana Boat stuff shortly an aftershave and then gone out on the water for the day with excellent results.  One thing to always remember, due to skin types, what leads to a blinding shone on one head doesn't on all heads....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:51:16 AM by sailor61 »
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 11:55:22 AM »
I've found that when I mix certain products with aloe that when they dry I get white residue - looks like dried powder.  It wipes right off but I'm certain I'm losing the benefit of something.  Have found that if I put on oneproduct and let it dry/absorb  for 5 minutesor so I don't get the residue.  

Also, Banana Boat Sport SPF30 with DriBlok (it's a spray on) gives an incredibe shine without needing to use headlube or aloe.  I've used the Banana Boat stuff shortly an aftershave and then gone out on the water for the day with excellent results.  One thing to always remember, due to skin types, what leads to a blinding shone on one head doesn't on all heads....

Where do you buy that Banana Boat Thing?

Slynito

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 12:00:03 PM »

Also, Banana Boat Sport SPF30 with DriBlok (it's a spray on) gives an incredibe shine without needing to use headlube or aloe.  I've used the Banana Boat stuff shortly an aftershave and then gone out on the water for the day with excellent results. 

Well put Sailor......I've gotten good results from this, too.

Enter your email address: