Author Topic: Tyche Electric Shaver  (Read 3307 times)

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Tyche Electric Shaver
« on: August 06, 2017, 04:48:14 PM »
Wow it's been awhile since I've posted here! I'm bald by choice and let my hair grow out the last few months for fun since it's been so many years but I'm ready to go back sly! I've been considering picking up an electric shaver to have another tool at my disposal and would really like a foil style shaver.  After doing a ton of research I got down to a Wahl 5 star or andis profile lithium and ultimately was about to go with the andis, until....

I found this:
https://www.amazon.com/Tyche-Powerful-shaving-shaping-trimming/dp/B01NB032A6

I've only found one video for it where a guy does a side by side with the Wahl, the andis, and the tyche and he actually prefers the tyche.  The best part is it's under $40 (instead of the $50-$70 of the Wahl or andis) and it fits the Wahl replacement heads.

Anyone here have any experience? Or, can anyone here suggest a more affordable foil style shaver that leaves a pretty smooth head?

I typically use a DE so I have pretty high standards of smooth, I know an electric won't be as close as a de so that is why I'm looking more at "professional" shavers.

Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Tyche Electric Shaver
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 05:11:52 PM »
I have used a Remington triple foil shaver for years. It gets near razor close, without causing any irritation. I replace the blades and foils every couple of years for $17. Model number is F5790.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 01:11:50 AM »
I used the Phillips Norelco 3100 (http://amzn.to/2vvOi7X) while I was in the hospital and it worked great. I still use it on those days that I'm a little pressed for time.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 05:22:03 AM »
Great, thanks guys! Both of those (or their equivalent model) are available locally for me so I'll have to check them out.
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 03:16:31 AM »
You're welcome!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline BaldSoxFan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 06:23:48 PM »
I just got the Tyche shaver, so once it's charged, we shall see how it is.