Offline dru

• Learning the way of Sly
« on: June 29, 2016, 08:58:31 PM »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:41:46 PM by dru »

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: finally did it and shaved it off
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 10:44:16 PM »
Well, I will admit that the scar is noticeable.  So, if it bothers you, micropigmentation OVER THE SCAR AREA makes sense - BUT- don't let them talk you into a total head job.  The "hairline" in front is a dead give away and looks really noticeable.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 02:09:10 AM »
Welcome, Dru

Please don't be so hard on yourself. We get former hair transplant clients to join pretty often and the various stories are pretty helpful. Your facial features fit sly well. As far as the scalp micropigmentation, if the scar is no big deal, let it be. But if you do undergo SMP, it's best to see is it cost effective to do the scarred area only or to get a complete job. As someone who had the procedure done last year (mine was due to surgical scars from keloid removal, but after exploring companies and costs, I had my horseshoe area done on top of the scarred areas). I would explore all options first and shop around. If you have further questions, feel free to PM me. That said, I'm not trying to force you into one particular suggestion, just letting you know there are various options for you and your new look.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 10:00:59 AM »
Welcome to the board, Dru, and congratulations on taking control of your situation.

You are not the first of us to wonder why he did not shave it off sooner.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 03:53:31 PM »
First, welcome to the club.  You look good sly and hopefully you feel better about yourself.

To answer your question about lasers, treatments will remove the shadow left by the dark hair that you have so that the color of your scalp will be more uniform and no hairline will be visible.  Laser treatments can be expensive and are not perfect (some hair may not go away, for example, leaving dark spots).  You also have to be ready to accept that laser is "permanent" removal and after the first treatment, there really is no turning back.  Having said that, I'm very happy with the results of my laser treatments. PM me if you have questions about lasers.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 10:17:22 PM »
I did micro tattooing on my donor scars after 4 sessions of fraxel laser to smooth out the skin. Love the results. No one can tell. Best solution

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 09:21:53 AM »
Good on you for making the change.  The look suits you.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 03:57:45 PM »
Hi Dru:  Welcome to the sly fraternity.  You look like a natural.  I can't imagine you with hair.  Enjoy the sly life.  I know I am.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline dru

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 10:35:19 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm pretty happy with the new look. Also, could anyone recommend a good SMP clinic in south florida for transplant scars?