Author Topic: Vacuum suggestions  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Vacuum suggestions
« on: June 28, 2016, 04:29:26 PM »
Hey guys, I know many of you own dogs so I thought I'd ask to see if any of you have any suggestions on a good vacuum.  We had a Dyson for 9 years but it finally died and I'm looking for a new vacuum.  I might just buy another Dyson, but before I did, I wanted to see if anyone is using a good vacuum that might not be so expensive.

Any suggestions?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Vacuum suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 07:06:06 PM »
Over the years I have owned Hoovers and always liked them. The ones with bags I prefer over the bagless. But both are good and cheaper than Dyson.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:47:44 AM »
I recently got rid of all my carpet and put in tile throughout my house just so i wouldnt have to deal with a vacuum anymore. Ive never had much luck with them, the ones ive had were always getting clogged up with lint before any of it ever reached the bag, or cannister. Now all i have to do is take the rugs out and shake them out, maybe run them through the wash for the smaller ones.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 10:06:47 AM »
I don't think there is much different between the cheap models and the expensive ones.  We have a dog that sheds and have to vacuum frequently.  I have a cheap Bissell ($40 at Walmart) that i just purchase to replace the last Bissell that was around 10 years old.  With dog hair, I find the bag type is better than the bagless because the bagless models tend to clog a lot, and I find it easier to change a bag than deal with the canister.  I figure at this price, even if it only lasts a year or two, it is still cheaper than the top of the line vacuums.
SlyBeard

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 11:28:03 PM »
Thanks guys. Thinking of trying a Bissell that got great reviews on Amazon.com
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.