Author Topic: Does this product even exist?  (Read 11752 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Does this product even exist?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 08:02:44 AM »
I don't know if ya'll know yet or not but HeadBlade offers a sunscreen called HeadShade that comes in a 4oz. spray pump.  It has SPF 15 in it.  I think it's somewhere around $15.  I'm thinking of trying that out this summer.

If you have a Walgreens in your area, check it out for the HeadShade.  The stores here have it in that same size and it was only $9. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2007, 03:03:43 PM »
Dude, I use HeadShade, and i can say working in the sun for a good amount of the time in the Baking AZ Spring Sun that It works well and is worth the price.  Its a spray on, will not make your head all oily, and the Best part (other than the fact that it will not Clog your Pores) is that it has an SPF of 15, so it will also allow for you to get a little color.  I would use nothing else on my Head 8).  Hope this Helps 
Peace

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 10:36:18 AM »
I use Coppertone Sport SPF 50 on my head when I know that I'll be working in the sun. It's sweatproof and it does a really good job. My only complaint about it is that it makes my head kind of oily, but once I start to sweat, I can't really notice that anymore.

Offline PhriendOfChrist

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 09:51:42 PM »
Well my friends, I still have hair.  (T-minus 3 days).  But today I purchased "Daily Skin Shield" made by Vaseline.  It is a moisturizer that contains an SPF of 15.  It is advertised as "Fast absorbing, non-greasy").

Maybe I'll post my review of it in a couple weeks.  I just noticed that it prevents 90% of UV rays.  I think I'd prefer 100%.   :P

Oh, by the way, this product was $2.97 for 6.8oz at Wal-Mart.  (They had a larger size available as well).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:07:15 PM by PhriendOfChrist »

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 03:31:44 AM »
Welcome POC.  I use a product called Bald Guyz Sunscreen SPF 30.  It is a clear gel and seems to work pretty well.  It doesn't smell too bad either. 

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 12:15:34 AM »
Welcome POC.  I use a product called Bald Guyz Sunscreen SPF 30.  It is a clear gel and seems to work pretty well.  It doesn't smell too bad either. 

Does it leave an oily residue behind? I'd like to check that out, I'm pretty impressed with the Bald Guyz stuff that I've tried thus far, especially the head wipes.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 03:20:38 AM »

Does it leave an oily residue behind? I'd like to check that out, I'm pretty impressed with the Bald Guyz stuff that I've tried thus far, especially the head wipes.

That is tough to say.  I've found that it leaves a nice sheen on your head but it keeps my head from burning.  I don't know if oily is the right way to describe it.  If you use too much it will leave your head tacky.  I would warn against using it immediately after a shave because the alcohol in it burns.  It is a quick drying gel. 

If I know that I'm going to be in the sun all day, sometimes I use my kids sunscreen which is SPF 50.  It smells like baby powder.  I keep the Bald Guyz stuff in my work bag and slap it on when I know that I'm leaving the office to venture out in the sunlight.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 07:38:21 PM »
I thought HB stuff was a little pricey too, at first but...  I started shaving my head about 2/3rds of the way through January of this year.  Just yesterday, my wife held the HB Clearhead bottle up to the sunlight and said, "why aren't you using this stuff?".  I replied, "I've been using that stuff everyday since I started shaving".  She said, "Wow! It's still over half full".  Same story for the headlube and headslick.
The moral of the story?  A little goes a long way.   8)
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 11:19:19 PM »
Welcome Phriend.  I too am a big fan of Headslick as my shaving cream of choice.  I have several different choices for lotions.  One of my faves is Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion.  The key as far as I understand it when choosing a product is to look on the label for the word 'noncomedogenic' (a fancy word for something which prevents clogging of the pores).  Let us know when you do the big shave.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/