Author Topic: Sunscreen  (Read 21265 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Sunscreen
« on: July 27, 2006, 06:11:44 PM »
With the rising number of cases of skin cancer in the world, it's very important to use sunscreen when you go outside.

I personally use a lotion made by Tolsom that has an SPF 15.  I apply this daily when I get out of the shower.  This way I always have some protection.  If I know I'm going to be out in the sun for more than 30 min at a time, I will apply an SPF of 30 or more.  I've found that the Tolsom brand won't cause me to break out, so I've stuck with that.  In regards to higher spf, I like to use Bullfrog.  They have a Bullfrog quick gel that dries up quickly so you don't get the greesy feeling.

What brand and spf do you use?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline bald-K

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Sunscreen
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 08:38:45 AM »
i use local supermarket brand factor 15 just as good as expensive brand named

gearhedguy

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 10:13:33 PM »
If I'm going to be out in the sun for extended periods of time I don't like to rely on only sunscreen for my precious bald dome :), I always wear a hat or dew rag. And I always keep a spare hat in my truck just in case I get stuck outside without protection. And if I'm exercising outside in the sun I always cover up my head. . . don't take chances with the harmful rays.

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 03:46:49 PM »
There is a sunscreen made by Bald Guyz that I have used and it does not sweat off and stays on all day. In fact I can now play golf without a hat.

Offline BIGTEDY

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 02:29:08 AM »
I USE NIVEA LOTION NEVER HAVE HAD A SUNBURN ON MY HEAD UNLESS I FORGET IT .

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 08:04:01 AM »
Depending on Budget I reccomend different products I will do a product review of each one in the future.

Big budget:  Zirh defence

Med budget:

small budget:
loreal mens face protector lotion.

Thats it for now

Noner

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 01:11:15 AM »

nice info, thx Noner!
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 03:38:34 PM »
I checked out the HeadShade at a local drugstore, and I think the only downside is you have to re-apply it often.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline CarlosMIS

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 02:02:05 PM »

I'm use Banana Boat Sunscreen SPF 8, everyone loves that banana smell.
Maybe because I grew up in P.R. my skin got used to the sun so unless I fall asleep in one position for hours the sun won't bother me much. Still, got to keep the coconut protected!!!
Sincerely Bald,
Carlos

Offline HEADBLADE@MYSPACE

• Sly Jr.
  • www.myspace.com/headblade
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 03:30:39 PM »
I checked out the HeadShade at a local drugstore, and I think the only downside is you have to re-apply it often.
i have a jeep wrangler & have the top off ALL summer. not one tim edid i come out with a sunburn after i applied the headshade. works great!  as far as the need for reapplying, you don't have to use that much to begin with to cover/coat your head & the bottle seems to last forever! not too much of a downside to me  :)

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 04:38:25 PM »
Thanks!!! I appreciate the info on it. I'll try it next summer...or maybe this winter if I decide to start snowboarding.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Sourjanerocks

• http://www.myspace.com/sourjane1
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 12:55:22 AM »
Coppertone has a new spray sunscreen. Coppertone sport spray. Drys in no time and puts a smooth shiny coat on your head. looks like plastic wrap! Its 30 spf and it stays on great! I just tried it at the end of last summer and it is great. It was suggested to me by my tattoo artist for my sleeve. It protects my tattoo from the sun and makes it really stand out

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 01:00:48 AM »
Coppertone has a new spray sunscreen. Coppertone sport spray. Drys in no time and puts a smooth shiny coat on your head. looks like plastic wrap! Its 30 spf and it stays on great! I just tried it at the end of last summer and it is great. It was suggested to me by my tattoo artist for my sleeve. It protects my tattoo from the sun and makes it really stand out

Thanks for the 411... ;)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 06:45:41 AM »

Not a bad idea at all

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 07:25:36 AM »
 :) Really appreciated Gearhedguy's description of his "precious bald dome." Since I started shaving only last November, I have no experience of cranial sunburn, but I'll take all your cautionary tales to heart and use a sunblocker, probably from Headblade. The idea of a headwrap or do-rag intrigues me, but I don't know whether I could pull off the image--well, maybe on weekends.  I have adopted a 100% cotton nightcap (from the Vermont Country store, overpriced), which nixes the cold shock on encountering the pillow in the dead of winter. My favorite cap--a gift from my daughter--is  cashmere; the feel on the newly shaved-to-the-bone head is unreal. Question: since going cue-ball, I've noticed the inner headbands in hats (e.g. Indiana Jones fedora) are sometimes lumpy and uncomfortable where the band comes together at the back; any solution? The fedora was not cheap, so I am reluctant to pull it out. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth