Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 251059 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 08:27:03 AM »
When I was younger, I had thought that Telly and Yul looked pretty cool.  But I had not considered shaving my head.  But when MPB started and I started to see more men shave their heads, I started to see that as a option.  I have to say that I really like being bald.  While I might grow the hair back at some point, hair will not be my main look.  Sly is so much better!

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 04:07:09 PM »
If I had a full head of hair i would probably not shave it simply from a maintenance point of view.
Shaving can be a pain...dealing with razor bumps, having to put on sun block on your head etc.
I would be one of these guys who would have very low maintenance semi  messy hair.
Now given my current state of MPB vs SLY ?
SLY---no doubt.  I wish I would have done it 5 years ago instead of trying to make my thin hair look good.
People do tend to stare hear and there.....what can you do ? It is a look that demands attention, like it or not,
so you may as well like it !
I will NEVER grow my hair back....EVER. 
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 09:19:50 PM »
I'm having second thoughts,  I've been checking myself out more in the mirror and I really like what I see.  Being bald, shows off my handsomeness.  8)

I don't use a razor, I just buzz mine with no guard (#0?) like every day or every other day. 

Offline baldsurfer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2008, 10:48:58 AM »
I have a full head of hair and I shave it because I love the look and feel of a clean-shaven bald head. I go back to hair every now and then, for a change of pace, but I always end up going back to sly!

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 10:50:18 AM »

I don't use a razor, I just buzz mine with no guard (#0?) like every day or every other day. 

Me2

On a positive side note I'm glad that my hair is blond and not dark, don't have to worry so much about the shadows that I have been reading about. I guess when I get older my shadows will get darker though ;S
I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 11:23:30 AM »
I guess I have to agree with DJ......if I did have a full head of hair I probably wouldn't be shaving it......I started to lose the hair on the back of my head when I was in my early 20's and it never stopped.....when I got into my 50's I started keeping it real short and it seemed to help diminish the apperance of hair loss to some extent but it was still bothersome.....I guess around the age of 55 I decided to give shaving a shot and since then I wouldn't want it any other way....yes, I like being bald and to a certain extent am glad I had the hair loss because without it I don't know if I would have ever shaved the noggin..........sooooooooo...that being said I admire those who do have a full head of hair and have the guts to shave it off....codos to ya !

BALDANDRE

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 11:47:35 AM »

Me2

On a positive side note I'm glad that my hair is blond and not dark, don't have to worry so much about the shadows that I have been reading about. I guess when I get older my shadows will get darker though ;S

William...bro you HAVE to try shaving it smooth with a razor at least once!!!

The feeling is awesome...bro, just once...

buzzed bald good...shaved bald friggin' awesome and very SLY 8) 8) 8)

BALDANDRE

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2008, 11:49:51 AM »
I admire those who do have a full head of hair and have the guts to shave it off....codos to ya !

Thanks bro...and after 15 years of not having a hair on top of what would be a full head of hair..

I have no regrets and know being bald (and SLY) was one of the best choices I ever made!!!

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »

Me2

William...bro you HAVE to try shaving it smooth with a razor at least once!!!

The feeling is awesome...bro, just once...

buzzed bald good...shaved bald friggin' awesome and very SLY 8) 8) 8)

I'm worried too much about cutting myself. I tried with a razor once and it was pretty hard to shave some parts on my head.

I will read upon stuff how to do it properly next time  :px O0
I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2008, 01:09:41 PM »
I use the womans Vibrance shaver from Gillette with the same shaving heads my wife uses.  These are designed for curves etc that women have and shave  :@` I have yet to nick or cut myself using this shaver, and I get totally smooth.

I like using her shaver simply because then, we are not buy razor heads for her and me both.  Once you get the hang of it, you will really start hating that nub feeling you get.  I shave a couple times a day, simply because I hate the feeling of hair.  I wish I could take a once a month dip to just stop the hair from growing back.

Offline BowHunter

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2008, 05:28:58 PM »
I started shaving 2 years ago and love it! ;D I am more confident being sly 8) i love the feel after a shave :@` I hate when i start feeling the stubs of hair coming back later that day :( i do not like the comb over look or trying to hide the spot with already thin hair

buuckkweet

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2008, 07:49:31 PM »
The only real regret I have about going Sly is that I should have done this sooner! 8)

Offline Ryan

• Sly Jr.
  • Canadian GSG
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2008, 11:37:01 PM »
As a BBC guy, I'm obviously sitting on the "for" side of the fence.  But I understand the motivation behind the original question (and the many parallel situations it applies to).   Funny, nobody seems to like it when Mother Nature tells instead of asks.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2008, 12:38:22 AM »
Knowing how much I like the slick feel, I probably would spend the hotter times of the year shaved, and the rest of the year with a very short buzz, probably no more than 2 week's growth... IFFFF I had a full head of hair.  Since I don't, the only choice is SLICK BALD!
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
I wish I shaved my head years earlier!
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008