Author Topic: Friends who tell you that you look better growing your hair  (Read 5896 times)

Offline asianman

• Sly Guy in Training
Friends who tell you that you look better growing your hair
« on: October 01, 2016, 06:54:27 PM »
How do you deal with friends who tell you that you look better when you grow out your hair? To me, it's sort of saying I look better in my 20s than I do in my 30s but they still insist that I should let my thinned out hair grow long, which is what was causing my insecurities and depression.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 06:56:04 PM by asianman »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Friends who tell you that you look better growing your hair
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 06:58:52 PM »
It doesn't matter what they think.  All that matters is that you are happy with the way you look.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 09:55:03 PM »
Some people can't help themselves telling others what they should do, look like etc.  I bet your female relatives would not be impressed if you commented negatively on their hairstyles.  Go with what you want.
Roger

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 02:24:25 AM »
They will get use to the new look in a short time.  It's what you like that matters,and you look fine.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 11:53:46 AM »
After more than 3 years of going BBC, only 1 or 2 old friends still don't like it. Everyone else has accepted it as my new normal. Especially everyone I have met since I shaved my head, I think they assume I have major male pattern baldness and just shave the rest.

When asked, there are alot of reasons I have for staying bald, but I just say " I like how it looks and feels, and I'm keeping it". No other explanation required.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 10:14:42 AM »
After more than 3 years of going BBC, only 1 or 2 old friends still don't like it. Everyone else has accepted it as my new normal. Especially everyone I have met since I shaved my head, I think they assume I have major male pattern baldness and just shave the rest.

When asked, there are alot of reasons I have for staying bald, but I just say " I like how it looks and feels, and I'm keeping it". No other explanation required.

I have the same view on this as Reddog.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 05:44:10 AM »
It doesn't matter what they think.  All that matters is that you are happy with the way you look.

What he said!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 01:17:38 PM »
 I have friends who say that and I know that they are right.    And so grown some hair back.  But I still love and miss th "feel" and the cleanliness of a nice  fresh shaven head and I still have the strong urge to do it!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 01:52:35 PM »
So, Semi-sly, do you have the h&t flatty again. I recently grew mine back to the flattop for 5 weeks, but gave in again to the urge to shave. I just can't get used to the white hair on my head again, I really think it makes me look older.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 07:53:48 PM »
Darn this new IOS they put into my IPad!  I just spent 15 minutes correcting the auto corrected to post in the drop ball thing

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 08:05:23 PM »
What I tried to say was hello where dog yes I do have the Hyatt I Flatty again.

I have to admit that looks better on me .   I have to admit it makes my face look less round .   I have to admit that I look younger with the flat top 10 shaved .   Know that I am becoming a professional barber is better that I have hair.   I already have quite a number of regular customers at the barber School to me for flattops because they can see that I appreciate them  and know. be done .

But I still love getting and having a nice clean shaved .   And now that I have the Andis Lithium Profoil shaver as an alternative to blade shaving it is not  a hassle to keep it nice and clean .

Right now Inam in the hospital being treat d will h IV infusions of  strong antibiotics.   If this stuff doesn't real number of my hair like it has in the past at least till have a good excuse to shave my head again for a while !😇

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 04:30:49 AM »
Get well soon, my friend.

Enter your email address: