Author Topic: That $%#& fringe....just shave it already!  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
That $%#& fringe....just shave it already!
« on: August 11, 2014, 01:04:40 PM »
This past Saturday, I had the experience of running into two guys both of whom were sporting Norwood 7s...The first guy I saw at the barbershop while taking my nephew to get a haircut. He had the usual ring around the sides and back, but the horseshoe was so deep it went below his cranium. Not only that, his neck hair was virtually nonexistent which means he couldn't even get a block cut or taper at the nape of the neck...He had about a 1.5 on his fringe, but instead of going sly, the barber cut the fringe down to maybe 1" and then passed the out liners below and around the fringe. After he was done, he saw my sly head and said "I'd like to try that haircut sometime!" I just told him "Maybe next time". He just smiled and said that he was worried the Mrs.  wouldn't  like it.....hmmm..
Now on to the second guy. At the company picnic that afternoon, this guy, our new production supervisor, was sporting essentially the same fringe as the first guy. I have seen him sly before, but perhaps he had a lapse as there was maybe three days growth at most. Every time he shook hands with a sly guy, he would rub his hand over his unshaven fringe, even when he was just walking around.  I almost felt bad enough that I almost grabbed him and said "I have my balding clippers with oil if that's bothering you". That said, to me it's one thing to sport a horseshoe buzzed or grown out if you have the neck hair that you can block or taper, but it's another thing to sport a "skunk stripe" around the sides and back of your head. I know that some people sport horseshoes well, but if you have a skunk stripe....just let it go....like yesterday.... Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:13:00 PM by Sir Harry »

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: That $%#& fringe....just shave it already!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 01:15:18 PM »
Sorry guys about the incomplete post...typing this from my phone

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 01:47:01 PM »
Even if you have a full head of hair, just let it go. Be BBC. It's so freeing!  Feels wonderful. Looks bold. You never have a bad hair day!

.... Just shaved my full head of hair again this morning (well, I do that almost every morning).  Headblade makes it so easy and fun.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 05:01:01 PM »
I'll give these guys the benefit of the doubt and say that they have no idea what the backs of their heads look like.  That's the only logical explanation.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 02:32:49 PM »
I ran into guy number 2 (the manager) today. He shaved the fringe O0. But he also shaved off his entire beard! ??? Oh well, at least he had a big smile and wasn't rubbing the area where the fringe is/was!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 09:39:55 PM »
haha.. I like how the guy told you that he wasn't sure his wife would like the sly look.   Really, dude?  I'm sure your wife is LOVING the well-trimmed fringe of hair that wraps around the middle of the back of your head.    I think that every time I see a "skunk stripe" as you called it, Sir Harry. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 10:43:42 PM »
Hey slymyke, did we just come up with a new balding term? I guess "skunk stripe" is the new term for a guy with a full blown horseshoe and no hair on the back of the neck....

Enter your email address: