Author Topic: 17, thinking about going sly/bald  (Read 5100 times)

Offline Knick11

• Learning the way of Sly
17, thinking about going sly/bald
« on: August 01, 2017, 03:30:56 PM »
Hey guys,

I've always had a fairly big forehead, and my current haircut is really not helping with it
I really like the sly/short buzz look, but what I'm worried about is that it would just emphasize the size of my forehead, making my face appear like a "wall" of forehead.

What do you guys think ? Is my forehead too big for this ? Here are some pictures so you can judge

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: 17, thinking about going sly/bald
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 05:24:19 PM »
Typically a high forehead is actually just a high hairline.  So shaved, the hairline goes away as does the high forehead.  But I would not not shave if that is the only reason.
SlyBeard

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 06:02:10 PM »
If you want to give it a try, just go for it. If you don't like it, it will grow back.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 06:47:16 PM »
Hey guys,

I've always had a fairly big forehead, and my current haircut is really not helping with it
I really like the sly/short buzz look, but what I'm worried about is that it would just emphasize the size of my forehead, making my face appear like a "wall" of forehead.

What do you guys think ? Is my forehead too big for this ? Here are some pictures so you can judge

your face would have much better balance with a good buzz. say #1 or #000, imho.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 12:58:56 AM »
No, just the opposite.  That high hair above your forehead is what is making your forehead appear to be high

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 08:45:18 AM »
I agree with  semi-sly here. A shaved bald head can actually reduce the appearance of a large forehead. Because you no longer have  a hairline, so nobody would be able to tell. Even if you have a rather dark shadow once you shave smooth, if you decide to do it, it'd still work to reduce the appearance of having a large forehead.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 07:27:50 AM »
You will really suit a very short buzz (a #1 or #0 all over) or a shaved head. This will eliminate the high hairline.

Go for it. If you don't like it, it will grow back in quick time.
All the best.
BaldBill

Enter your email address: