Author Topic: New headblade model!  (Read 8335 times)

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
  • Est. Sly Warrior since 2011.
Re: New headblade model!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 10:28:30 AM »
Interesting concept the new MOTO is. I've talked to Todd on some occasions and it's funny... I will probably be one of those that does a complete 180 and goes backwards. I bought the original Headblade back in 09? I couldn't figure out how to stretch the ring over my finger and because my fingers are quite small I took this as a sign I must not be meant to use this. Fast forward and I bought the ATX. Love the concept but I am anxious to try the original method of pushing rather than the traditional pull method. I'll probably order the Sport next as I have heard Todd also prefers the original concept. Perhaps I'll get both and see which I enjoy more!

Offline cuzzin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 12:07:18 AM »
Anyone have any feedback on the Moto yet? Any HB Sport users who like it? I've only seen Tyler review the new model so far, but I don't think I've ever seen him critical of a HB product, so I'm looking for more real-world feedback. I tried the ATX for several weeks back when it was first introduced; I never could get as good/close a shave with it as I could with the Sport. I gave it another shot in these last 30 days, but I still much prefer the Sport. The only knock I have against the Sport is that I do have to switch the Sensor3 razor I use over to a stick in order to properly get certain angles of my head.

Offline Daiku

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 05:22:03 AM »
I was one of the lucky Moto winners, and I plan on doing an extensive review after using it for a month or so, but I'll give you my experience. I've always loved the whole idea of HeadBlades, and tried all the models. The original "push" model gave me too many cuts and abrasions; some of those cuts took quite a while to heal. The Sport was better, and the ATX was a definite improvement. Still, though, I tended to use a disposable because I was getting cuts in tough spots, like around my ears.

Enter the Moto. I really had given up on the HeadBlade, but I wanted to give it a chance, and it IS different. The blade end pivots a lot more, and I find the Moto essentially foolproof. I've used it about 20 times, with no cuts or irritation. It's not quite as close a shave as the original, but with the Moto, I can easily go against the grain, then with the grain, with excellent results. I couldn't do that with any of the other HeadBlades. The trackball is slick and glides effortlessly across the scalp.

The Moto is the best HeadBlade yet, and I have no reason to use any other headshaving method. And thanks again to Todd and Sly Bald Guys!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:28:09 AM by Daiku »

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 06:20:03 AM »
Daiku, congrats on winning as well. Im curious how you possibly fit in 20 shaves already with the moto you won, seeing as mine just arrived three days ago!

I hope to also do a good review if the demand is there, and i am waiting a (currently undetermined!) amount of time before doing the review just to give myself time to become accustomed to it and make sure that my thoughts arent based in initial experiences but rather on general use over a reasonable amount of time that simulates day to day use.

Looking forward to yours! Battle of the reviewers!  >:( ;D 8)

Offline Daiku

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 10:20:18 AM »
Daiku, congrats on winning as well. Im curious how you possibly fit in 20 shaves already with the moto you won, seeing as mine just arrived three days ago!

I hope to also do a good review if the demand is there, and i am waiting a (currently undetermined!) amount of time before doing the review just to give myself time to become accustomed to it and make sure that my thoughts arent based in initial experiences but rather on general use over a reasonable amount of time that simulates day to day use.

Looking forward to yours! Battle of the reviewers!  >:( ;D 8)

I'm all for battling reviews! Let's go into ridiculous detail!

And you're right...it must be closer to 10 shaves than 20 on my Moto. But it really is very intuitive, and it feels like I've been using it for a while. Incidentally, while I like HeadSlick, I've mostly been shaving with artisan shaving soaps from Stirling and Soap Commander. But I did try the Moto with HeadSlick, and the results were just as satisfying. And I've also tried both HB4s and Dorco Pace 4s, and both are great with the Moto.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to your in depth review.