Author Topic: Finally, bald head weather!  (Read 3309 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Finally, bald head weather!
« on: April 14, 2023, 11:18:37 AM »
After a long frigid winter, we have had several record breaking temps in the high 80's. Advantage bald guys, time to show off that awesome shaved head!

I went to a couple car cruise-ins this week, and my group of car guy friends were there. Three of us have shaved heads, but most of the other guys are balding and never take off their caps. If they only knew how great it feels to sport a baldie haircut!

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
Re: Finally, bald head weather!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 05:36:07 AM »
Yep. Warm weather is the best time to have a bald head.  I’m already starting to get a good tan!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 07:45:44 AM »
I agree I like my bald head Bestie Florida for the winter when is plenty of fun and not too hot but when summer comes in the sun is directly I have to keep it covered with something a little bit of hair or hat otherwise I get bad age spots and sunburn on my scalp

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 05:27:53 AM »
Yes! To warm weather. I always thought of April as the time to shave off any winter hair to prevent any unwanted bad tan lines.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 07:19:33 AM »
Great news for you northerners.  Here in South Louisiana, it is basically bald head weather year round.  We do have the occasional cold spells in the winter, but it usually only lasts a few days at a time and then we get a few days in the 60's and 70's mixed in.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2023, 07:21:01 AM »
Yes! To warm weather. I always thought of April as the time to shave off any winter hair to prevent any unwanted bad tan lines.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 07:23:16 AM »

When I lived up north I I used to be the same thing but now I have a tradition of no matter what I start off New Year’s Day with a freshly shaved head!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 03:02:37 PM »
I let mine grow for  a few weeks but just  few days ago, I shaved it off again and had unspeakable tan lines.  I don't know why that would happen after just a few weeks growth.  I am an outdoor guy but having a white scalp just isn't a good look for me.  It will tan up pretty soon but it's still kinda cool outside so I can't do much about it at this point.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2023, 10:01:54 AM »
 Love how shiny my head is during this season.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2023, 12:52:08 PM »
My doctor told me to wear a hat.  Well, that would defeat the purpose of shaving.  I live in RI so I don't really worry about getting too much sun.  If I worked in the sun all day every day then I'd definitely wear a hat but for the yardwork I do, I don't really need a hat.  I take frequent breaks anyway.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2023, 06:53:39 AM »
I let mine grow for  a few weeks but just  few days ago, I shaved it off again and had unspeakable tan lines.  I don't know why that would happen after just a few weeks growth.  I am an outdoor guy but having a white scalp just isn't a good look for me.  It will tan up pretty soon but it's still kinda cool outside so I can't do much about it at this point.

That can happen even in Rhode Island because even though you live in an area that often has an overcast sky the ultraviolet rays come right through that overcast and give you light tan!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2023, 10:38:06 AM »
Finally! We're getting some great weather. I've noticed everywhere I go there seems to be more and more sly guys than ever. I wonder if alot of the guys that shaved their heads for the first time have decided to keep it. I guess I can understand that many discovered how awesome it is to wear a smooth bald head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2023, 04:26:09 AM »
Mid day I wear a hat , but early and later in the day I get some sun . Skin cancer is real , I’ve had it three times. So be careful on how much exposure you get.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2023, 02:09:19 PM »
Great news for you northerners.  Here in South Louisiana, it is basically bald head weather year round.  We do have the occasional cold spells in the winter, but it usually only lasts a few days at a time and then we get a few days in the 60's and 70's mixed in.

Being in Florida I get this the only time I don't enjoy it is the few days we get 27 degree weather but the rest of the time it's best to be slick