Author Topic: Stubble vs. smooth  (Read 45815 times)

Offline 1misha

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Stubble vs. smooth
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 08:34:39 AM »
I've been clipping for the stubble look ever since I decided to get rid of my hair in the first place. Yeah, shaving my head feels great, but it gets irritated easier, I get bumps often when I shave also.

So, 99% of the time I use clippers with no attachment. People don't notice, and consider that "shaving" anyway...even if I leave it "stubble" and it grows, in a day or two I got that Jason Statham look.

I like the stubble look, and don't shave my face either- I use the same clippers with no attachment.

If I shaved, I would have to shave every day because otherwise it gets too long for a razor. Buzzing is just easier and faster for me.... Now that I think of it though, I remember some people commenting that it looks better than when I shave (but I specifically asked them after I shaved and they had to think about it).

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 09:30:08 AM »
It all comes down to  personal preference/taste.  Some of us prefer the smooth look and feel, some really look like the stubble.  And then there is the issue of appearance - some look great with the short stubble and some of us look messy.
Then you can really confuse the options with the variations of facial hair ranging from clean shaven to full bushy beards.

Experiment with the options and find what works best for you.

Maybe it's having been stuck in some sort of rut about how I saw myself, but I will say that sly seems to have given me many more options for my personal appearance.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 10:09:31 AM »
Smooth no question, that's the epitome of Sly.  O0

Offline banmuir

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 10:11:39 AM »
It all comes down to  personal preference/taste.  Some of us prefer the smooth look and feel, some really look like the stubble.  And then there is the issue of appearance - some look great with the short stubble and some of us look messy.

Agreed. I prefer to shave every day, but also like to skip a day a week - my skin likes it that way. Today is my 'skip' day (head and face). While the stubble is very much shorter than if I'd cut it with clippers, the shadow from my dark hair colour is immediately pronounced - showing more skin tone where things are a little sparse, and showing darker islands where the hair is thicker.

From a "feel" perspective my whole head is fuzzy. From a "visual" perspective my head is splotchy.

When I'd first contemplated going sly I thought the morning shaving routine would be where I gave up on the whole enterprise. But I really enjoy my morning routine (to my surprise as I'm not a morning person!!).

shaving my head feels great, but it gets irritated easier, I get bumps often when I shave also.

One reason for going sly was to deal with a rash on both sides of my head (plus I have hassles with razor burn on my neck), but by taking advice and working on it both my head and neck are under control (about 3 days treatment) - no redness, bumps or irritation anymore. But do what works for you.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 10:27:41 AM »

From a "feel" perspective my whole head is fuzzy. From a "visual" perspective my head is splotchy.

I still find it a very strange sensation to run my hand over my head and feel stubble on the sides but very little on top.  After more than 20 years of having a receding hairline, it's really hard to get used to the notion that it's all gone now.  I started shaving before I got down to just a horseshoe. I just don't think of myself as a Norwood VI, so it's a really weird feeling.

Offline Chromeo

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 12:13:53 AM »
Smooth!  I know I'm only at day 20 but anymore I can't stand the feel of stubble on my head.  I think I'm obsessed!  By the way, how do I get one of those cool personalized license plates?? 

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 12:26:33 AM »
By the way, how do I get one of those cool personalized license plates?? 
Cool License Plates

And yes, you can't beat the smooth feeling. 8)
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 03:18:18 PM »
I really prefer the smooth over the stubble. :@`

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 08:43:35 AM »
been shaved for over 7 years due to male pattern baldness, i prefer smooth over stubble, i hate the stubble, i have been keeping the bic'd look for 7 years

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 11:27:28 AM »
I let it go on Sunday's  and I can feel the stubblle on the sides  - - - and feel and see  the horseshoe in the back  - -not much growing on top anymore  - - -the dome is NATURAL  - -     I use a good shampo on the dome then cold water  - -and I get a great shine  and I love the feeling of my SLICK MELON -   

Offline Jimlog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 11:42:38 PM »
Definitely SMOOTH all the way for me!

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 11:05:17 PM »
i HATE the feeling of being stubble.
but i keep it stubble To Save Money

i shave my dome every other day. and don't shave on the weekends unless i'm goin somewhere special

i always feel like i'm at my best when i shave my head. that's why i do it.

Offline foreversmooth

• Close shave
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald and browless
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 12:10:52 PM »
I vote for a very smooth scalp, even if visually it does not make a big difference. The feeling of having a silky smooth dome is amazing.
Foreversmooth