Author Topic: Bald women  (Read 19587 times)

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Bald women
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 11:32:52 AM »
Do we have the right to be critical? We dont like it when people question our choice to be sly? Remember we live in a time of equal rights  :popo
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 12:33:23 PM »
Do we have the right to be critical? We dont like it when people question our choice to be sly? Remember we live in a time of equal rights  :popo

I don't think it a matter of being critical, it is just every one has his likes and dislikes. I don't think we have a right to say anything to them personally unless they ask for an opinion.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 01:51:32 PM »

I don't think it a matter of being critical, it is just every one has his likes and dislikes. I don't think we have a right to say anything to them personally unless they ask for an opinion.

Sorry Magoo. Thats what I meant. We shouldnt express an opinion unless asked for
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Ravenangel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 07:39:06 AM »
Hmmmm, interesting to read these different opinions.

To be very honest, I am really envious: for a guy, it is always more accepted to be bald, than for a girl. Equal rights, yeah, but there are some things that do not change easily. Even you guys have doubts and frustrations about being accepted and wearing yourselves (I can understand it, however) - I think it can be even harder for a woman.

You see, I often think it would be much more comfortable to have no hair at all. It takes an hour to wash and style it, it is a living hell to colour it (I feel awful when the original - and boring - colour begins to show... vanity, dammit :}), and I don't enjoy this at all. Yet I would not dare to go bald - social acceptance and everything...
I wonder - for instance - how a potential employer would react on a job interview.

Slynito

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 09:31:08 AM »

You see, I often think it would be much more comfortable to have no hair at all. It takes an hour to wash and style it, it is a living hell to colour it (I feel awful when the original - and boring - colour begins to show... vanity, dammit :}), and I don't enjoy this at all. Yet I would not dare to go bald - social acceptance and everything...
I wonder - for instance - how a potential employer would react on a job interview.

I see your point....I'm sure even in these times of "No" age or sex discrimination, for a woman to be BBC is the exception. Certain jobs, certain women sure maybe. There aren't many Sinead O'Connor or Demi Moores out there....and a BBC woman going for a job interview, I'd like to video the body language and twitches of the HR interviewer. LOL!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 10:41:11 AM »
Saw something leaving the gym today that made me think how "lucky" mpb guys are.  There was a woman joining up I think--she was talking to one of the staff just outside the room where they do the picture ID's.  Middle aged, but obviously quite bald except for a very thin puffed out combover.  Guys can do the bald thing no matter what their general appearance.  But for this woman, while not unattactive, was not "structured" such that she could carry off what would be a very avant garde look for women.  That's essentially unfair since it limits the choices women have if and when they have alopecia issues.  Women whose hair is lost during medical treatments always seem to have to wear scarves and other head covers while men can just let is shine.  Life's not fair. 

Slynito

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »
Women whose hair is lost during medical treatments always seem to have to wear scarves and other head covers while men can just let is shine.  Life's not fair.  

My daughter went through Chemo when she was 15 yoa and lost her hair. I bought her wigs and hats and they gathered dust. She let the world know that even kids can get cancer. She even campaigned and won the class election for vice prez. Of course she was a pretty teenager with a contagious smile and a friendly attitude. She would catch me giving those who stared the evil eye and tell me that she was used to it and it's just human nature...out of the mouths of babes, eh.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:18:46 AM by Slynito »

Offline Ravenangel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 11:49:56 AM »
Slynito: your daughter is surely a very brave person. If I had had malignant tumor, I doubt I would have been able to develope this very positive attitude.

Saintc: yes, this is very true. I have nothing to add, since you perfectly described the situation.

Offline Scot106

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 03:40:44 PM »
She does look good bald,quite a few women can look carry this off.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:49:26 PM by Scot106 »

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 12:33:53 PM »
On the right woman, a shaved head can be quite exotic.  I've known several over the years that have dabble with head shaving and I can honestly say it didn't hurt their attractiveness one iota.  In a couple cases it made them sexier in my book LOL
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »
On the right woman, a shaved head can be quite exotic.  I've known several over the years that have dabble with head shaving and I can honestly say it didn't hurt their attractiveness one iota.  In a couple cases it made them sexier in my book LOL

Succinctly put. I have the opinion that women have as much right to be bald as we do, if they choose to do so (and hopefully for no other reason than to try it). I find bald and buzzed ladies very attractive, IMHO and this woman looks wonderful bald. Proof that blad IS beautiful !!!  :)
-gary-

Enter your email address: