Author Topic: Weird Neighbors  (Read 3080 times)

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
Weird Neighbors
« on: June 05, 2017, 11:02:39 PM »
I just provided the final update to the saga of my shitty Manhattan neighbor, but since I've moved to Michigan, the story evolves.

99% of my neighbors are awesome people, good friends.

However...

We live in a relatively old neighborhood of Ann Arbor, and most houses are built between 1870-1910, but have been added onto since. 

Our next door neighbor has a GORGEOUS old house that has been added onto in...questionable ways.  Plywood only additions, plus he has people living in his detached garage and his shed.

The day we moved in the couple from the ranch next to ours came over to kind of feel us out.  After about 10 minutes they said, "oh, thank god, you're normal!"

We're in a community on the border of what is country/suburbs so you'll see a beautiful Victorian next to a wreck with condemned stickers all over it.

For the most part it's a great place to raise kids.

But one night, I was home alone, with hub away on a business trip, and my neighbor from the weird house knocked on my door.

He was super drunk and doing that swaying upright thing.

"What do you need?" I asked.

Now is the time to note we spend $5,000 to install a solid fence for our four dogs.

"Well, I went into your fence and one of your dogs bit me."

The fence has locks but at first I was kind of lazy about locking them with the key versus just the hook/bolt.

(Me standing there, super uncomfortable in my pjs), "Uh, so why did you enter our fence?"

"Well, I had to."

Me, closing door.  "okay, bye"

Fist through the closing door, "I thought you needed to know."

Me, " please go the f**k away.  And don't ever enter my yard again,"

"Well f**k you bitch!..."

Me slamming front door shut.

Next time he saw my husband he complained about me.

His house is gorgeous, but he has a detached shed and garage and keeps boarders there.  Which is iffy at best.

We have a good security system but does everyone have such weird ass neighbors??

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
Re: Weird Neighbors
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »
Also, I SWEAR I'm not the psycho neighbor!  We have a great relationship with the couple on the other side with their son and their Aussie.  And a lady 2 doors down breeds and shows Great Danes and is our Go To dogsitter.  Our four female dogs have a "boyfriend" around the corner whom we often visit and another fellow down the street loves when we visit his albino husky. 

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 06:58:39 AM »
Unfortunately, we do not get to choose neighbors, or relatives.  I have a "bad" neighbor as well.
SlyBeard

Offline Montana

• Sly Jr.
  • Get busy living
    • Life Inside Jack
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:34:28 AM »
We currently live in an RV Park.

'nuff said right there.
---
Love. Joy. Hope. Peace. Freedom.

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 12:12:21 AM »
I suppose it's a case of "you can pick your friends, and your nose, but you can't pick your friends' nose."