Author Topic: Looking for advice for my face shape before I shave my head  (Read 6135 times)

Offline gryffimdor17

• Learning the way of Sly
Looking for advice for my face shape before I shave my head
« on: March 03, 2017, 03:46:48 PM »
Hi guys. I am new to the forum. Even though as I want to go sly I am looking for some thoughts or opinion about my face shape. As you can see in the picture, my chin does not align on a straight line with my nose. It goes a little bit to right (in the picture it goes to the left because it is taken from the front camera of my phone  ;D). I wonder whether it will make me not look good with a shaven head.
Another wonder is that, as I am an Asian, I cannot grow bear even though I really want a beard  B@n%. I only have a little bit bear at the moustache area and at my chin.

What do you guy think whether my face shape or almost-beard-less face will not look good with a shaven head?

Sorry. I dont know why my picture rotates when I uploaded it
P/S: my English is not good. If any sentence does not make any sense, please correct me  ;D

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Looking for advice for my face shape before I shave my head
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 05:52:06 AM »
you will look great shaven, no problem with face shape or lack of beard.  I have never had a beard or wanted one - obvious many here do but it is a personal decision.

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 06:03:22 AM »
I would say your face shape is pretty good. You seem to have quite a strong jaw line and chin so you'd pull of the buzzed/sly look well.

Offline gryffimdor17

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 06:37:14 AM »
you will look great shaven, no problem with face shape or lack of beard.  I have never had a beard or wanted one - obvious many here do but it is a personal decision.
I would say your face shape is pretty good. You seem to have quite a strong jaw line and chin so you'd pull of the buzzed/sly look well.
Thank you for your opinions.  ;D. What bothers me a bit is that my chin is not align on a straight line with my nose. It is a little bit off to the right. Well, anyway, I will shave it.
By the way, will a shaven head affect the employment consideration from employers? As I am a Mechanical Engineering student, I am looking for a field-related job. I dont know in the real world whether employer judge by the way you look besides your technical knowledge.

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 07:05:28 AM »
I wouldn't worry too much about that. Shaved heads are pretty much the norm nowadays. They're not just reserved and associated with military and law enforcement anymore. A sly head can look very professional. I work in a hospital and I'm usually sly or buzzed right down and bearded. No one has ever said it's an issue and I've never had any negativity towards me.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 03:14:55 PM »
Can't see any issue with the shape of your face.  If you want to shave then go for it.  I work at a uni and have never had any negative comments since going sly.

Offline gryffimdor17

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 03:19:45 PM »
Can't see any issue with the shape of your face.  If you want to shave then go for it.  I work at a uni and have never had any negative comments since going sly.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Shaved heads are pretty much the norm nowadays. They're not just reserved and associated with military and law enforcement anymore. A sly head can look very professional. I work in a hospital and I'm usually sly or buzzed right down and bearded. No one has ever said it's an issue and I've never had any negativity towards me.

Thank you for your opinion. I will go for it as I really want to do it since I discover that I am going balding. Proud to be bald.  ;D

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 03:53:54 PM »
Go for it. Post some pictures when you're finished 👍