Author Topic: Superbowl 51  (Read 13710 times)

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
Superbowl 51
« on: January 31, 2017, 05:47:02 PM »
For the American Football fans on here, what team are you rooting for to win this year's Superbowl? It's my number one team all the way for me, the Patriots! I'm so proud to be a New England native; PATS Nation for Life!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Superbowl 51
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 05:58:51 AM »
As awkward as it seems...I'm rooting for the Falcons. As a Saints fan, it gets old rooting for other teams' failures when your team stinks. A Falcons Super Bowl win might be the wakeup call the Saints need to make changes. However, I reserve the right to a helping of schadenfreude if the Falcons lose.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 12:45:20 PM »
The only team that I DISlike more that the Steelers is the Patriots.

Go Falcons!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 04:25:45 PM »
GO FALCONS !!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »
The only team that I DISlike more that the Steelers is the Patriots.

Go Falcons!!!

I've always disliked the Steelers.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 05:37:56 PM »
As awkward as it seems...I'm rooting for the Falcons. As a Saints fan, it gets old rooting for other teams' failures when your team stinks. A Falcons Super Bowl win might be the wakeup call the Saints need to make changes. However, I reserve the right to a helping of schadenfreude if the Falcons lose.

What gets old to me is people hating on the really good teams. I don't know what that's all about. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 05:07:59 AM »
I'm a Saints fan too - so I root against the Falcons...   I don't want anyone in our division winning a SB....   Hence, last year, I rooted against the Panthers...
Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 07:16:02 AM »
Patriots for sure. We don't appreciate Brady's greatness enough. He may be the best player ever.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 06:34:26 PM »
Patriots for sure. We don't appreciate Brady's greatness enough. He may be the best player ever.

Preach jbrit25; Tom Brady should be in the Hall of Fame. He's one of the, if not the best quarterback I've seen in my lifetime!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:27:29 AM by BigKen »

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 06:21:21 AM »
Oh he will be in the hall of fame no question. Its just everyone hates him so much. Doesn't make any sense to me
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 07:44:08 AM »
Being British I've got to root for the underdogs, but I really just want an entertaining game.

When I was growing up in 1970's London we got to see the highlights of 1 game a year - the Superbowl.  The first game I remember was won by the Dolphins.  The next year was won by the Steelers.  The third year the Steelers were back.  At this time in my life I'd heard of 4 teams and seen one of them lose twice.  The Steelers beat the Cowboys and I've been a fan since.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 11:28:21 AM »
Oh he will be in the hall of fame no question. Its just everyone hates him so much. Doesn't make any sense to me

Me neither

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »
Being British I've got to root for the underdogs, but I really just want an entertaining game.

When I was growing up in 1970's London we got to see the highlights of 1 game a year - the Superbowl.  The first game I remember was won by the Dolphins.  The next year was won by the Steelers.  The third year the Steelers were back.  At this time in my life I'd heard of 4 teams and seen one of them lose twice.  The Steelers beat the Cowboys and I've been a fan since.

I was hoping the Cowboys would face the Pats for the Superbowl. I'm also a Cowboys fan. Now that would have been an entertaining game!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:16:56 PM by BigKen »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 05:49:47 PM »

I was hoping the Cowboys were facing the Pats for the Superbowl. I'm also a Cowboys fan. Now that would have been an entertaining game!

I'm sure the TV ratings would have been through the roof for that one!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 11:36:49 PM »
I don't get it? what's the big deal about the superbowl?
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!