Author Topic: Weird bumps/Age Spot?  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
  • Est. Sly Warrior since 2011.
Weird bumps/Age Spot?
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:49:17 PM »
Hey all!

I won't go into detail about who I am (if you want check my previous posts). I have discovered what looks to be maybe an age spot in the middle of my head? I also noticed what looks to be small bumps (that could be razor bumps perhaps). I recently on a test drive switched from my typical Headblade to a Gillette ProGlide Fusion and must have managed to get a few small cuts on the back. From the end of the first shave I nearly depleted the lubrication bar lol. These pictures were taken tonight and the growth is from a day. I last shaved Sunday evening. I am known to be a hypochondriac so naturally I told my wife and said does this look like melanoma? I am a natural redhead so I also have naturally fair skin. I usually wear caps but there have been a few times where I went into the sun unprotected from my scalp. I cannot remember the last time I received a horrible sun burn on my head (save almost 7 years ago when I grew my hair out). I have been doing quite well with acne formations on the nape of my neck since switching to Sir Harrys ice cube and witch hazel treatment! Always a positive recommendation!

Disregard the black fuzzes as that is from my beanie!

Thanks again my fellow bald brethren!

-Liquid

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Weird bumps/Age Spot?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 06:57:59 PM »
Hi Liquid , I had a melanoma on my ear 5years ago. It looked like a dark freckle and not very large. It was cut out and had so far no other melanomas. The small bump on top of your head does not look like one. But when in doubt have it checked by a Dermatologist.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 07:18:39 PM »
Thank you! I appreciate the timely response and honest opinion. Glad you're still here with us and had that taken care of!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 07:23:18 PM »
Your welcome , and don't feel bad about being a hypochondriac , cause I'm the same way. ^^32
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 07:36:29 PM »
My wife can get quite irritated by it especially if I ask my mother or another family member. She's always like "You take their advice but not your wife!" I always say "Being a hypochondriac means I take no ones advice until my mind has calmed down and I think with rational thought, it's not that I am not listening it's just my brain needs to hear consistent and constructed answers."

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 01:27:44 AM »
Great advice. See a dermatologist....You may have a slight case of sebhorric dermatitis which means that you may have to shave a little more frequently if you're not an everyday shaver.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 08:52:03 AM »
Thanks Sir Harry. I recently bought a Gillette ProGlide Fusion because I was interested in eventually switching to a traditional DE razor and had been using the Headblade since I discovered it again after my Mach 3. I feel it probably irritated my head more than the headblade. I used it a second time and feel that the headblade is a little more forgiving going against the blade (at least in the back). I have seen my dermatologist in the past as I was prescribed Accutane for my acne a long while back. My grandfather had Psoriasis and my doctor identified my condition as Seborrheic Dermatitis as I have it in the classic areas (scalp, nose, ears and moustache/beard). I tried using a more natural soap like Grandpas to wash my beard but it just doesn't work like the good ole Head and Shoulders. Keeps it at bay and I have had good results.