Author Topic: Bald by Choice at 21  (Read 9746 times)

Offline SpiderJerusalem

• Sly Guy in Training
Bald by Choice at 21
« on: November 15, 2016, 11:36:03 PM »
Hello, my name is Michael. I am 21 years old and I’m bald by choice. The reason why is a bit of a story. I’ll try not to bore you.
You see, about 28 days ago I shaved for the first time in my life. Not on purpose though. I had an undercut, which is one of the most common haircuts amongst guys my age, and I started to cut it my own. You know, to save money and all that. One day while buzzing the side of my head, my hand slipped cutting off a pretty big chunk of hair. I tried to fix it, but there was no salvaging it. So, I just shaved the rest off. I was using a number 2 guard but decided to go fully bald. At the time I thought to myself “This is probably the only time I’m gonna shave my head. So why not?” I didn’t think I was going to like it when I did it. But I did like it. I was just very insecure about it. 
I started growing my hair out the next day and would continue to do so for the following few weeks. The reactions from people in my life varied. Some asking if I had lost a bet or something while others comforted me by saying it looks better. Despite the kind words and the fact that I liked the lack of hair, I couldn’t help but feel insecure. I guess I wasn’t used to it. By the third week, with the little hair that I had, I decided to give myself a mohawk. Oddly my friends didn’t like it, but my co-workers did. I kept the mohawk until today when I said f**k it and shaved my head completely for the second time.
 I like being bald. I like the low maintenance, the way it looks, the way it feels. So, today is officially day 1 of 30. 

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
Re: Bald by Choice at 21
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 06:03:17 AM »
Welcome! Your story is very interesting, and surprising! If I had that much hair i would be getting it styled like john travolta used to back on Saturday night live. Haha

I'm glad you like the bald look and are willing to just do it FOR YOU because you like it. So important not to let others opinions flavor you, at least, when it comes to a harmless personal choice of style.

I must say I think the bald look does suit you better. Sort of resembles Sylvester Stallone somehow, maybe it's the eyebrows and face shape. Can you grow facial hair? A goatee would set off your look marvelously!

Congrats again and we are happy for you bro!

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:42:25 AM »
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your DAY 1 of 30!!  Glad you are doing this for YOU!!

I think you look great with your new SLY look for sure!  I agree with ThePangolin, you do have a Sylvester Stallone look somewhat.

O0
 8)

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 07:21:12 AM »
Welcome to the group!

I too had my first headshave due to a botched haircut....but that was back in eighth grade, and it was by a barber "in training"
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 08:20:45 AM »
welcome from another bbc guy.  its a great look for you.  keep it up.  oh, and dont give in to any pressure to grow facial hair.  if you do it, do it because you want to, not because others told you it would be a good look for you
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline SpiderJerusalem

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »
Welcome! Your story is very interesting, and surprising! If I had that much hair i would be getting it styled like john travolta used to back on Saturday night live. Haha

I'm glad you like the bald look and are willing to just do it FOR YOU because you like it. So important not to let others opinions flavor you, at least, when it comes to a harmless personal choice of style.

I must say I think the bald look does suit you better. Sort of resembles Sylvester Stallone somehow, maybe it's the eyebrows and face shape. Can you grow facial hair? A goatee would set off your look marvelously!

Congrats again and we are happy for you bro!

Thanks, man. I appreciate it; especially the Stallone comparison. Also, the best I can grow in terms of facial hair is a mustache like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite. The rest comes in patchy and neck beardy.

Offline SpiderJerusalem

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 10:49:56 AM »
Since I don't just to spam this thread by quoting everyone, I'll just say thanks dshupe, SirHarry214, and amatlock2778. I feel very welcomed.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 11:10:33 AM »
No worries on facial hair its fun to experiment with however, so i would encourage you to see what you can do. If you prefer or can only do a clean look, thats sometimes even better, for instance Dwayne Johnson, Yul Brenner, Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, the list goes on.

I personally can grow a bit of facial hair, and i feel younger/odd without it, so i switch between a goatee rarely and most of the time i run a standard thin chinstrap/full chin beard.

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »
Glad you do.  I think you will find the guys here are very supportive and a great group of guys!!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 11:22:13 AM »
Welcome, the sly photo looks much better than the one with hair, you have made a great choice

Offline SpiderJerusalem

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 09:53:13 PM »
Welcome, the sly photo looks much better than the one with hair, you have made a great choice

Thanks, I agree

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 05:47:26 AM »
I agree also you look better sly than with the hair depicted in the before photo.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 02:37:04 AM »
The longer hair wasn't doing anything for you.  Good move.

Offline Bram 47

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 07:32:59 AM »
 I dare not start bald but I like it so much  I m 46 year old
I love bald and soon next season I go for it blade shaved bald - bald with a goatee s so great male looking