Author Topic: Do you think I'll suit a shaved head?  (Read 11239 times)

Offline planeclothes

• Learning the way of Sly
Do you think I'll suit a shaved head?
« on: October 28, 2016, 06:39:04 PM »
This is something I'm been coming to grips with. I didn't think I'd have to worry about this for another 19-20 years, but such is life. I've noticed my hair thinning around the crown this past year. It's not too noticeable yet, I've been told, but just worried now about when the time comes to shave. I'm 26 so I guess that's not terribly too young for this to happen (I've heard of some starting 15-16). I have sort of a round face with chubby cheeks and maybe a small head. I think a lot of people look either really good or at least decent with a shaved head. Those people though have a very different face structure than me and that's what worries me a bit. I don't even care if I look average, I just don't want to look ridiculous or totally out of place. I guess that's everyone's fear though. I've attached a couple pictures. Has anyone seen someone that looks similar face wise and did they look all right? If you think I'll need to do some working out or whatever to tone the face, please let me know. I'm open to complete honesty here so I know what to prepare for. I need to put my mind at ease here since I've been thinking about it a lot. From some shots I'm just worried my head will look like a pear.. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I guess I'm a bit OCD when it comes to these things.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Do you think I'll suit a shaved head?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
Well, if it is already driving you OCD nuts then Imwould say that you are already at the point where younshould shave that noggin.  when all is said ane done you can't reallly answer thevquedtion of how you will look with acshaved head unless you shave it!

But as all of the rest of us who have shaved; whether because of har loss or just because we choose it as a great style, and who have followed the 30'day rule, have discovered- all men look really hood with a clean shaven head.

So just do it!

Offline planeclothes

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 08:17:58 PM »
I'm definitely becoming more tempted too. I might move soon so maybe I'll do it then as a new beginning. I don't know. I have a big job interview(s) coming up so don't want to do it before then since it looks fine according to many people.

Have you seen anyone with a round face like that though (either on this forum or in life) who eventually went sly? I actually am beginning to like the look quite a bit, I just don't think my face is suited for it at all so I'll probably just stick it out and wait for it be obvious before I take the plunge.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 08:25:55 PM »
Well I agree that you certainly don't "have to" shave yet because of any hair loss issues- but I am also surethat you would look great with a shaved noggin.  your face and head shape are perfectly suited tonthe Sly Style!

And I wouldn't be concerned abou the job interview.  However you look when you show up for the interview will be what the interviewer will think of as "normal" for you.  You are the only one who needs to observe the 30 day rule to "adjust" to your new "normal" mental image of yourself.

Offline Wicked_Ripper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 11:00:18 PM »
Go for it,
IMO, nothing can go wrong, the bald look suits everyone

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 03:49:40 PM »
I think you would, however I also think you have a great head of hair, so if you decide you don't like it then you can always go back.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Gosh_the_Second

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 08:58:58 PM »
Totally agree with Sly Mike. Just try. If you don't like it - go back. I did it multiple times myself :)

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 07:15:51 AM »
Like others have said, you can always let it grow back out if you don't like it.  I think you should at least try it!

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 12:38:52 PM »
One thing to consider:  Your face changes shape with no hair on it.  If anything, I would think it would elongate your face.  Judging by your pictures I think sly would suit you.  If you don't want to totally commit try a close buzz first, maybe a 1.  Either way, when you eventually take the plunge, you'll know the awesome feeling of a freshly shaved head.   Try it, stick to the 30 day rule and you'll wonder why you ever hesitated.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 12:53:33 PM »
I have a much rounder face than you, and if anything, it looked slimmer after shaving.

As for head shape, hard to tell with your thick head of hair. How about a compromise, go to a barbershop and get a #1 or #2 buzzcut. That will be less dramatic than a headshave, but you will get a good idea how it will look.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline just4fun

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 04:33:51 AM »
After a couple of months, I wonder if he shaved her head? But Go for it man!

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 06:04:03 AM »
I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about. You certainly don't look like you need to shave it, you look like you still have a pretty good head of hair. On the other hand, if you have the 'urge' to shave then I'm afraid that's not gonna go away. Just do it. Don't like it? Grow it back. I would suggest letting your stubble grow out a bit, looks like you could grow a pretty decent beard to match your new hair cut. That stubble would look really good with a nice short buzz. You've got the headshape for it certainly.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »
Go for it,
IMO, nothing can go wrong, the bald look suits everyone
  honestly, the sly look especially suits you perfectly. round head, etc.  very masculine and trendy.

Enter your email address: