Author Topic: Summer travel plans  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Summer travel plans
« on: June 28, 2016, 04:56:52 PM »
Do any of you have some plans to travel this summer?

This is one of the first years that we're not going somewhere and staying fairly local (west coast). I will be heading to Santa Barbara once in July and then up to Lake Shasta for house boating and Oregon for hunting in August.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Summer travel plans
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 07:37:16 PM »
I've already spent a week in North Florida on vacation in June. (but not over near Pensacola, sorry Mel).

Wife and I have a business/vacation trip to Minneapolis mid-July to early August. Perhaps a SBG dinner while there (Red Dog and Joe).

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 07:46:00 PM »
I will be in Houston for the third weekend in July, Las Vegas for the fourth weekend and in the Florida panhandle for the last weekend in July. Most non-military traveling I've done since my senior year in high school.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 02:08:50 AM »
Ive already posted elsewhere about my plans this summer. Ordinarily my significant other and i go to southern California, usually san diego area where we have friends who moved there  a couple years ago. But this year he wanted to go visit his parents in Missouri during his spring break from school,  and i couldnt get the time off,  well that took up enough of our travel budget that we cannot afford our usual SoCal trip this year,  so instead we are going to head up to northern  az (we live in phoenix) and do a little camping
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 06:32:30 AM »
I live in North Carolina.  I'm heading off to my old stomping ground in the northern part of Indiana next month with some family members.  When I return my wife and I are either headed toward Tennessee or Virginia (her choice).  I love to travel, especially to Florida.  My son and I are huge horror movie buffs, so we go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios in Orlando every October.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 06:26:18 AM »
Do any of you have some plans to travel this summer?

Just returned from a round the world trip. From London to New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Osaka (Japan), Vladivostok (Russia), Siberia, Moscow, Paris and back to London. And more than half the mileage by train. Fantastic trip.

Made a video which is on YouTube. Just Google "YouTube shinkansen1966"

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 03:36:00 PM »
We drove to Eastern PA at the end of June.  Highlight of the trip was seeing Kenny Chesney in concert in Philadelphia. 

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 08:31:56 PM »
Back home now from the driving trip to Minneapolis.

Next trip is to Las Vegas in September for a training seminar, then immediately upon return a driving to Atlanta for a weekend of English Country Folk Dance.  Really looking forward to that.

Parts of November and December we hope to be in south Florida for a working trip and to get more sun as winter approaches.

Enter your email address: