Author Topic: First Time Getting My Ears Pierced  (Read 23502 times)

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: First Time Getting My Ears Pierced
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 01:54:40 AM »
I agree with others - the transformation is remarkable .   A completley different look. Hope your wife is happy with the changes.
Roger

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 05:30:56 AM »
Thanks for the positive comments.  I'm very pleased with the results.

@AJ Q-Ball - Good luck with your piercing next month.  You'll be so glad you did it and will probably wish you had done it sooner.  My wife was a little freaked out but now she's on board.  It's all good.

@ SirHarry225 - Hair Club has different tiers they use for their systems (hair pieces).  I started out on the bronze program which is the cheapest (entry level) program for members.  You could detect upon close inspection that it was a hair piece.  I eventually moved up to the next tier which was silver.  The quality of the system was better and less detectable.  A few years ago I moved up to the gold system which is a significantly better product and very difficult to detect.  The downside is that I was paying nearly twice as much per month on the gold plan as I was on the bronze.  Hair Club isn't cheap.  Let's just say I bought a brand new car a month ago and my former Hair Club maintenance dues are paying for my car.

@ mazed - I went with the 18 gauge for starters.  I want to start off slow and work my way up.

@ nuts - My wife is happy with my new look.  It's weird for me because I have always had a very conservative look which was a prerequisite for my career.  Now that I'm doing different work I have more leeway in my appearance.  I like it!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:32:38 AM by Lew »

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 07:45:47 AM »
Thanks for the positive comments.  I'm very pleased with the results.

@AJ Q-Ball - Good luck with your piercing next month.  You'll be so glad you did it and will probably wish you had done it sooner.  My wife was a little freaked out but now she's on board.  It's all good.

Thanks Lew! I would've done it sooner but work wouldn't allow me. I'll have a really long break starting next Tuesday on the 7th so that's when I'll get my ears done. I went into the piercing parlor yesterday to make an appointment and the one I talked to said I could just walk in when I'm ready. I'm pretty sure I'll go for 16 gauge CBRs. As far as your wife goes, the change just probably threw her for a loop but it's nice that she's coming around. Like I said earlier, you have a nice look. The earrings just made it even better. Excellent move on your part!

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 01:08:51 PM »
Congratulations on the transformation.
the earrings look good.

I am 51 as well so you're certainly not too old to get it done.

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 08:53:47 AM »
Today finally arrived; it is the six-week point from the day I initially got my ears pierced and the day I could finally remove my starter earrings and replace them with new ones.  I had somewhat of a difficult time getting my earrings out but after exerting a little force I was successful.  I compulsively followed the directions my licensed piercer gave me and experienced no problems whatsoever.  Putting my new earrings in was completely effortless.  Pictured below is one earring out of eleven pairs I have purchased to date.

My wife was initially against me getting my ears pierced but now she's completely on board.  It's funny how people can make such a big deal out of a relatively small thing.  Anyway, I'm pleased with the results.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 09:44:56 AM »
Looks neat.  Goes well with the goatee and sly head.
Roger

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 11:44:52 PM »
Looks great Lew

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2016, 04:25:45 AM »
Now I know what to get you for Christmas ... an earring rack!  My daughters bought me one a few years ago when they noted I had quite a few earrings on the dresser.

It looks nice, Lew. I'm looking forward to our next Charlotte area SBG get together to see it first hand.

What was the issue getting the starter earring out?  Was it removing the clutch in the back? or actually removing it from it's home? I found my started had a very tight clutch, probably on purpose to make it difficult to pull off during the first months.  Once the clutch was removed, then the stud came out easily.

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 07:35:24 PM »
The issue with removing my earrings is that they had an arrow-like device that locked the back of the earring into place to prevent it from falling out.  I wasn't aware of it until I removed the first of my two earrings.  All of my other pairs are screw backs, so I won't have that issue to contend with future removals.

I got this really cool acrylic jewelry chest off eBay last month that I'm putting my earrings in for storage.  It's going to do the job just fine.

Hopefully I can make it to the next Charlotte get together.  Let me know once you've got a date set for that.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2016, 09:50:42 PM »
Looks good Lew and glad to know things went well!

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 12:48:12 PM »
Looks good. You mentioned you got 11 pairs of earrings. Are they all studs and are they just different colours then?.
I have a pair of black studs that I wear quite often and i think they look really cool on guys.

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 07:10:12 AM »
Looks good. You mentioned you got 11 pairs of earrings. Are they all studs and are they just different colours then?.
I have a pair of black studs that I wear quite often and i think they look really cool on guys.

It's funny you mention that because I put a pair of black studs in my ears yesterday.  My wife said she liked them over the pair I was wearing that are pictured in this thread.  I got studs of various colors and even splurged on a pair of Versace earrings with a wicked design on them.  My ears were very sore when I replaced my earrings yesterday so I think I'm going to leave the black studs in for a while because they're a lot more comfortable to wear when I'm sleeping.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 12:27:53 PM »
Nice one!

The dyed goatee to me is better not dyed but thats just mt view.

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 07:59:02 AM »

It's funny you mention that because I put a pair of black studs in my ears yesterday.  My wife said she liked them over the pair I was wearing that are pictured in this thread.  I got studs of various colors and even splurged on a pair of Versace earrings with a wicked design on them.  My ears were very sore when I replaced my earrings yesterday so I think I'm going to leave the black studs in for a while because they're a lot more comfortable to wear when I'm sleeping.

Yes, I like the black studs. I see a lot of guys with the black studs and it looks very masculine.

The Versace ones you mention sound really cool. any chance of a pic of those?

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 10:26:27 AM »

Yes, I like the black studs. I see a lot of guys with the black studs and it looks very masculine.

The Versace ones you mention sound really cool. any chance of a pic of those?

I purchased four more pairs of earrings off of eBay yesterday.  One pair I got has a dragon's claw grasping what looks like a turquoise crystal ball.  The Versace earrings I purchased are pictured below.

Enter your email address: