Author Topic: Calling all sly sisters  (Read 7278 times)

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
Calling all sly sisters
« on: February 05, 2016, 01:48:13 PM »
Hey y'all!  I'm just curious about how many sly sisters we have active on the site.  I see Nikki post on a fairly regular basis, but she's the only one.  Has anyone heard from gutsygirl?  Come on ladies!  Let's see those beautiful, shiny domes!

BTW:  Have you ever noticed that almost all the emojis are bald?

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
Re: Calling all sly sisters
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 10:55:53 PM »
Reviving this topic because I think it's legitimate.

I'd kind of always wanted to shave my head and after my first husband and I split, I did.  I kept it for about six months. 

It was pretty awesome - I lived in Manhattan but all of a sudden, everyone knew me.  I was the bald chick.  Unfortunately about 70% of the people who approached me asked if I had cancer.  It really didn't bother me at the time, but I was at a very fearless part of my life. But the 30% who approached me and gave me a thumbs up made my day!  I had a lot of support from the people, and a LOT of jealousy from other women.

When I eventually moved to the Midwest, it was an issue.  I had grown my hair out into a pixie beforehand, but it was still seen as weird.  I live in a relatively liberal city in the Midwest, but I have a hard time believing a bald female would survive a job interview - they'd probably assume she has cancer or she was a radical.  When I explain to my new friends here why I shaved my head and show them pictures, they squeal and scream in HORROR and say "why would you do that to yourself!?!" (and one of them is an HR manager).

Bald is beautiful.  Whatever you prefer is beautiful.  And nobody should have a goddamn opinion about your hairstyle unless you somehow have a slur or slander spelled out in your head.  We all have to wear our skin and the parts that come out of it.  Nobody else gets to decide.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 07:24:20 AM »
Said we'll !! O0
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 09:36:44 AM »
Don't let society influence you.  There are a lot of women who can pull off the bald look.  I'm sure you have the confidence to do it as well. 

Offline Caroline

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 03:56:29 AM »
Socknoogle, I will let you know in about 10 days. So far I'm just very short.

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 09:59:32 AM »
Hey y'all!  I'm just curious about how many sly sisters we have active on the site.  I see Nikki post on a fairly regular basis, but she's the only one.  Has anyone heard from gutsygirl?  Come on ladies!  Let's see those beautiful, shiny domes!

BTW:  Have you ever noticed that almost all the emojis are bald?

GutsyGirl here!

Yeah, I've been really sick, dealing with chronic illness and not getting better. Actually, getting worse over the years. I tried to go back to college and got half-way through my degree program (Associate's Degree), but had to quit due to my failing health despite earning top honors and the school's most prestigious award. Although it feels like failure, I remind myself that AT LEAST I KEEP GETTING BACK UP AND TRYING AGAIN when most people facing my challenges would have given up by now. So it's really a success that I tried and tried and tried again rather than saying "I'll never do anything again, so I'm just going to give up on life." Granted, every day is a battle. And most days I'm stuck in my hospital bed at home.

But some good news is that I'm ridding my life of abusive relationships (parents) and I am living in a safe place now with a wonderful family who caregives for me. I'm getting healthier in my mind, battling PTSD and depression on top of my physical challenges, and I'm learning more and more about how to be healthy even in sickness. I'm proud of the really difficult decisions I've made in the last year.

Okay...so that's my personal update as to where I've been! :D Still sly! :D

And yes, I just noticed today actually that most of the emojis (used to be called "emoticons" like 20 years ago, so "emojis" still throws me) are sly! This one  :*)) cracks me up a little, however. Haha!
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com