Author Topic: How has being bald changed your life?  (Read 7013 times)

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
  • No Hair,Don't Care. I'm Bald and Beautiful!
How has being bald changed your life?
« on: July 04, 2015, 09:37:43 PM »
For me,I feel more confident and liberated since I've been bald. I love preparing to shave my head and that I don't have to worry about how my hair looks every morning. I love getting in the shower and feeling the warm water on my head without having to put on a shower cap. Being bald has made me feel more beautiful than I have in a long time. I don't need hair to define my beauty anymore.

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
Re: How has being bald changed your life?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:45:05 AM »
For me a lot of what changed was that I got more confident, I think because people didn't know what to say/do around us sly folks so they just stare, etc. And you hold your head up a notch higher because you're YOU and not anyone else. Many people secretly wish they had the nerve to do it themselves.

Another issue I had was my hair, thinning as it were, was also prone to being oily and causing my skin to get overly greasy, etc. Once the razor went to the scalp, that issue got solved too!

Most of all, it let me connect with a number of wonderful folks, both on SBG and in RL so that was an added bonus. :) Great question!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 06:05:50 AM »
yep shaving your head gives you a more self confident feeling.  I first did this 30 years ago before it was somewhat common.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 07:54:34 AM »
Nikki, I just want to give you props for your courage.  Not many women have the guts to go sly in a world that defines them by very rigid standards of beauty.  You go, my sly sister!

For me, I have more confidence in myself and love the feeling of being different.  Being bald has become part of my personality and self-image.  It's a mark of independence for me.  I love how it looks and feels.  Contrary to what I've seen by a lot of other posters, I think it makes me look younger than my 54 years. 

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
  • No Hair,Don't Care. I'm Bald and Beautiful!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 04:40:56 PM »
Thanks for your kind words,Socknoggle!