Author Topic: Just seeking more advice, about feel and looks.  (Read 11701 times)

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
Just seeking more advice, about feel and looks.
« on: May 11, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »
Hey guys, I've posted a few times, and im sureits getting annoying, but shaving day is fast approaching for me.  But I find myself just rubbing my scalp, and I just keep noticing different things.  It's frustrating, so I was wondering, when you feel your guyses head, do you feel like dips in your head.  Like above my right ear when I run my fingers up I feel a like valley type of thing there, a couple actually.  I know theres nothing I can do about it, I was just curious if it's just a feel thing, because I feel a similar thing on my receding temples but I can't see anything,  but where's these lumps are, is where I have alot of hair, so that may make it stand out more?  Also at the back just before it curves around and down, it sinks in a bit, anybody else have that and is it real noticable.  The back of my head is a bumpy road, I have that duck tale you guys talk about, not a fan, but I do see that quite a bi on bigger guys, which I am.  I have been reading alot of threads trying to find one similar to mine, but couldn't really find one.  Hope to hear from a few of you, your input is usually really good, thanks.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Just seeking more advice, about feel and looks.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »
Yep. I don't think there is such a thing as a smooth head to the guy who is touching his own.  There are little nooks and crannies, dips and bumps.

From a distance you don't notice them, but up at 6 inches and touch with your hands, you can find them. They are the spots that may be a little more difficult to shave, but you'll get it.

Only you notice them.

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 08:44:32 PM »
Thanks, I was hoping for that because I looked at alot of heads today, and couldn't really notice any bumps or anything on anybodys.  That's why I was wondering if people on here feel dips in there head, but can't really see them.  I do have two dents basically in the same spot at the back top on each side of my head, those I'm guessing will be noticable because the feel pretty deep.

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 08:47:22 PM »
Was hoping for maybe some examples of people's on here, just like a quick pic and explaining what they feel

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 12:32:27 AM »
When you have hair, the bumps and whatnot may feel bigger, but 95% of the time, once you shave, your head tends to look smaller. BTW, what is the "duck tail" thing you are referring to? (Forgive me, I have my own certain nicknames for certain scalp oddities, but never heard of a duck tail)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 04:13:55 AM »
Oh I've read on here, I have a bone in the back that sticks out a bit, which makes it look like a roll of skin when you tilt your head back

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 06:52:05 AM »
Oh, you mean the "rolls" and the "ridges" I don't think those detract in any way, I'd say at least 3/4 of guys with shaved heads have them...I'm one of the (unlucky) ones that don't have one, but I don't sweat it.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 08:19:30 AM »
Never seen a shaved noggin that didn't have ridges or a roll at the back, normally covered by hair.... Women have them too.... Perfectly normal

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 08:51:19 AM »
The bone at the back base of your skull in the back that sticks out is the occipital bone...part of the skull.  There is almost always a bump there.  It's one of the attributes that makes a tightly buzzed or shaved skull attractive and distinctive.   

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 11:46:35 AM »
Everyone has different shaped heads. Valleys and ridges and bumps etc. Stuff you wouldnt notice with a mop of hair.

Being bald is something that will grow on you. You will wonder why you worried so much!

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 01:03:42 PM »
Ok, good to hear.  Who knew this could be so hard.  It's just the fact that if it looks bad, I'm stuck for the rest of my life with that look.  So I imagine my dents and creases just standing out more, and that bulge in the back just looking like a mess.  So that's why I wanted some examples is all. 

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »
Look, we all feel and look at our heads differently. 99% of people would not even notice what you think is a big issue. Relax, be yourself, enjoy being bald! You will son realise that what you have been worrying about is non important!

All the very best to you my friend!

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 08:44:37 PM »
Thanks goatee, I appreciate it, hopefully it was all in my head, no pun intended lol, but I bought some bald pics from a site I've seen on here, I have no clue how accurate they are? Do you guys? But here is my front, the side profile was pretty ridiculous so I'm gonna see if he'll do another, what ya think?

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 08:49:37 PM »
I have no ears lol, my face covers them up, I have a pretty narrow head from the looks of it

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 09:45:42 PM »
You will look great!  You have nice clear skin, and without the thinning hair to distract them, hair people focus on your eyes.  You have nice, friendly eyes.  No question in my mind what I would do if I were you!