Author Topic: Valentine's Dilemma  (Read 5019 times)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Valentine's Dilemma
« on: February 12, 2014, 11:53:53 AM »
It is that time of year again, gentlemen - the time when florists rake in most of their profits to keep them in business for the year.

I just returned from ordering a dozen roses to be delivered to my wife this February 14. I thought I would be ready for the price. Nope. I still am shaking.

Oh, well. She loves getting them.

When I got back to the office, though, I got an email from a colleague about a poll in which women stated they thought a bouquet of wild flowers picked by their date's own hand was far more romantic for Valentine's Day than professionally arranged, cut flowers.

I can't win. Now can someone tell me where exactly wild flowers grow in the US in mid-February?

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
Re: Valentine's Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:24:41 PM »
That's easy.  Build a greenhouse, plant seeds, and hold your breath hoping they flower in the next two days.  It may even be cheaper than the dozen roses you just bought. :)  I'm sure she will love them.

I'm taking my guy out of town to our favorite restaurant in Jacksonville.  I called 2 weeks ahead of time and could only get 5:00 reservations.

Have a great V-Day.

Offline djones

• Guero Pelon
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:16:47 PM »
 I usually do jewelry or whatever gadget (iPad,Ipod, cards to buy more books) my wife has been looking at for Valentines day, but this year we are being conservative preparing to move halfway across the country in spring so I went with the chocolates and a card.I do have a friend that owns a flower shop here and I get really good deals ...but my wife knows that so it kinda makes the flowers not so special since I just have to make a phone call..   
Semper Paratus!

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »
Couple of years ago, I bumped into a mate of mine, we were chatting and I suggested we go get some food (it was in the evening) we chatted, laughed and had a great catch-up...we were both parked in the same car park and as we walked back we noticed a film was on we had been talking about...so we went to see it....only the next day did I realise I had dinner and a movie on Valentine's day with another guy....still makes me chuckle

Offline DanO

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 12:25:10 PM »
Well, I've just paid the "red rose tax" for my Wife, to go with the chocolates and jewellery, and she's booked us in at a restaurant tomorrow night. However somehow we've ended up double-dating.... with the in-laws.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 01:15:31 PM »
Well, I've just paid the "red rose tax" for my Wife, to go with the chocolates and jewellery, and she's booked us in at a restaurant tomorrow night. However somehow we've ended up double-dating.... with the in-laws.

That should earn you some extra brownie points with your wife! ^-^
Bronx bald and bred!