Author Topic: Sly gal at church  (Read 7843 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Sly gal at church
« on: August 04, 2013, 06:47:04 PM »
Well, I now have a friend from church who is a Sly Bald Gal.   But it was not something I would have ever had seen her do.  But it was not something that she ever expected that she would do.  But back in April she was hospitalized because she ended up having MRSA.  She went through a lot.  She had to be sedated  and was in a coma for awhile.  She was in the hospital about 2 months.  She also ended up having pneumonia and had to have a tracheotomy.  She is truly a survivor.  She is home and doing better but has to not over do things.  But she has also had to stay on antibiotics.  So now she has started to have quite a few bald spots.  So about a week ago, she went sly.  But she was not ready to show her head totally bald.  So she came to service with some stubble and she looks great with it.  She is accentuating her feminine features.  So I have given her some sly tips and even gave her the address of this website.  I am not going to force the issue with her to come her.  But I think she just rocks....sly or not!

Offline DSCSK

• Sly Jr.
Re: Sly gal at church
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 03:20:04 AM »
She sounds like a remarkable person. Quite the fighting spirit  :)

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 08:49:48 AM »
It's understandable why she'd be reluctant to show herself sly, but it's great that you shared this site and your own thoughts with her. Knowing there is a voice (or in our case a chorus!) of support can really encourage someone to look upon something that might seem negative and make it positive.

Today it seems a lot less people are obsessed with hair and bald is back "in style" - which means more people out there who can help guide others to the barbershop or the razor blade and feel less "inadequate" about being sly.

Good on you, Marsh!! Glad you supported her and made her feel better about herself. Hopefully she'll join our site and learn lots of new things and meet lots of wonderful folks!  O0

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 07:10:38 AM »
It's been close to a year that she came down with MRSA.  My friends is doing well.  She did got totally sly and even had a photographer friend take glamor shots of her with the shaved head and big hoop earrings.  It really did suit her!  But shaving it down seems to have stimulated even hair growth.  So she is no longer sly.  While her hair is not long yet, it is getting back to normal.  She has finally gained all her weight back and is doing well!

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:49:20 AM »
Glad to hear she is on the recovering so well!

I suppose there's something to being 'against sly' when it's due to sickness that I hadn't considered before, but no matter, good health and feeling hopeful and positive for the future is the most important thing!