Author Topic: I need a little help.....  (Read 8666 times)

Offline alltimedegrassi

• Learning the way of Sly
I need a little help.....
« on: June 08, 2013, 11:39:42 PM »
I'm a teenage girl who for the longest time, has wanted to shave her head bald. It has always been something I've wanted to do, but over the last few months my want to do so has become stronger. But as I'm a teenage girl, If I want to shave my head smooth I have two options, either ask my parents if I could do so or go against their backs and shave it. I'm really set on doing this, but this is the only thing in my way.

Help?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: I need a little help.....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 11:57:11 PM »
Being a teenager, it's best to get your parents' approval.  My suggestion is the have your "why" in order so you can truly explain why it's important to you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 11:57:28 PM »
If you're 18 or over you're an adult and don't need your parents' permission. If you're under 18, I'd suggest talking to them first. They might be more open to it than you think.
Hair is over rated.

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 12:39:56 AM »
G'Day Alltimedegrassi  O0

Welcome to the Forum.

As Tyler mentioned best to ask your parents and have the reason why you want to go sly, so they can better appreciate you wishing to go Sly.

If you over 18 then you don't really need your parents permission but, it's always good to have your parents on side.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 05:12:24 AM »
Welcome! I have a suggestion: Do they do charity headshaves in your area (i.e. St. Baldricks?) Talk to your parents and tell them that you want to participate for charity.....If that doesn't work out, sadly you may have to wait until legal age to do it. Good luck to you!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
Welcome! I have a suggestion: Do they do charity headshaves in your area (i.e. St. Baldricks?) Talk to your parents and tell them that you want to participate for charity.....If that doesn't work out, sadly you may have to wait until legal age to do it. Good luck to you!

That's a great idea!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 10:18:14 PM »
I love the charity fundraiser idea as well! 

If you live with your parents and you'll have to hear flack for shaving, take my advice and was before you shave!  Because if the flack is hard to handle, it's going to stick around for a while...potentially a LONG while.  If this is the case, you may want to hold off on your shaving escapade until you are living outside your parents' house.  College is a great time to try it out!  People do all kinds of nutsy stuff in college, after all!  It's a great time to learn about who you are. 

Also, "Britney Spears moments/comparisons" are well to be avoided.  ;) 

That's my two cents...from one who, while living several hours away from her parents and is 29 years old, frequently still receives inordinate amounts of flack for her decision to shave her head for medical reasons....

Gutsy Girl
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 07:19:54 AM »
I love the charity fundraiser idea as well! 

If you live with your parents and you'll have to hear flack for shaving, take my advice and was before you shave!  Because if the flack is hard to handle, it's going to stick around for a while...potentially a LONG while.  If this is the case, you may want to hold off on your shaving escapade until you are living outside your parents' house.  College is a great time to try it out!  People do all kinds of nutsy stuff in college, after all!  It's a great time to learn about who you are. 

Also, "Britney Spears moments/comparisons" are well to be avoided.  ;) 

That's my two cents...from one who, while living several hours away from her parents and is 29 years old, frequently still receives inordinate amounts of flack for her decision to shave her head for medical reasons....

Gutsy Girl

I agree completely with the ideas that a) you should definitely ask if you are under 18 and b) the charity idea is a great one!!

I have another suggestion though to throw out there: a great charity by the name of Locks for Love. They donate hair to kids with cancer, it's one of my favorite charities... who'da thunk it??  ;D

Welcome to the Forum alltimedegrassi!

Hope you stick around and participate, and I hope your dream of a smooth, shiny head becomes a reality!

Offline DSCSK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »
I'm a teenage girl who for the longest time, has wanted to shave her head bald. It has always been something I've wanted to do, but over the last few months my want to do so has become stronger. But as I'm a teenage girl, If I want to shave my head smooth I have two options, either ask my parents if I could do so or go against their backs and shave it. I'm really set on doing this, but this is the only thing in my way.

Help?

You sound exactly like the way I sounded a few months ago. I know how you feel. You think about it all the time and it sort of just eats you from the inside.

To truly convince your parents, you have to talk to them. Tell them the truth because then they might understand how you feel. I did it without telling my parents all of a sudden during the middle of the night last year and I went into a state of depression for a whole month  :'( . Everyone took it badly.

That's the way I did it. And I my family knows that I will go sly. (They don't like the way it looks, but they are surely happy that I am Happy).

If you need help with confidence or telling your parents, feel free to consult a psychotherapist or a counselor. I did this because I did not have the guts to tell mine after the "bad sly experience". Coming to think of it now, the experience is now quite the contrast as I don't have to think about acceptance and all that crap and feel it the way you want it (Liberating I suppose).

Also beware of immediate consequences. Eg. If your school is not okay with it, you might land in trouble.
Find solutions for them.

You might have it a bit harder than me because you are a girl but don't let that discourage you. Do what you need to do about it.

I am also a teenager. I'm 17 and im in my final year of school.

I wish you luck  O0
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:07:36 AM by DSCSK »