Author Topic: November Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 10317 times)

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
November Sly Fitness Challenge
« on: November 02, 2012, 12:34:26 AM »
Hi Team Sly,
Well as some of us settle in for the winter it is even more important to counter those calories consumed with some burned!!

Wouldn't it be great to go into the new year with a resolution to maintain your program vs start one :)

So sign up and join in. Don't have to have big goals just a couple work outs a week, couple long walks or trips to the gym.

Here are my goals and will check in weekly:
1) 200 miles to ride this month (50+ weekly) - setup my favorite distance bike on a trainer for the rainy season, cross bike for outdoor.
2) 3-4 strength training a week
3) 5 hours min training a week

Share your goals....beardman and warhawk....lets get going!!
Cheers,
Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: November Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:14:35 AM »
Looks like another solid month there Ty!

This month will start my run into the warmer months! We've already had a couple of warmer days the past couple of weeks. So my biggest goal is going to be to start up what my mates and I call "adventure sunday" where we go bush walking, surfing, snorkelling, canoeing, rock climbing etc. Our only real rule seems to be that it has to be a physical activity! So that is something fun, I've already asked my mates if they are keen to kick it off again, we just need to get it going.

As for more normal training, Monday some time I will be sitting down and writing out my new gym program, if I haven't you guys have my full permission to keelhaul me! So I'm not too sure what my actual lifting goals will be. But I will be aiming for only 5 days a week in the gym now, because our 6th day will hopefully be "adventure sunday" and when we were doing a 6 day roster with sundays it was really exhausting!

So I guess my only real goals for the month so far are to:

- Settle into my new program,

- Start getting out and exploring new places and being adventurous at least once a fortnight, but preferably every Sunday,

- Have an injury free month!

How about you, Warhawk?

Hopefully we get some more people jumping on board, it is a great way to keep motivated and see how other people are training as well.

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 12:00:32 PM »
Hey Bearded one...enjoy that summer, that is one things I will miss for a few months as we move indoors here in the Pacific Northwest :)

I tell you what its sure got quiet since we started this thread last summer. Everyone hibernating?

Had a great workout yesterday, 1+ hour of weights, followed by 11 miles on my favorite bike which is now on a stationary trainer in front of the big screen....

Enjoy the weekend!!!!
Cheers,
Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 06:52:02 PM »
2 days down on my long weekend, and at 11pm last night I finally finished my new gym program, so sorry no keelhauling today guys... It is a 5 day lifting week, because I'm now comfortably with the weight range I want to be, so now it's time to try and convert the fat to muscle, instead of just purely burning it away!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
A man with a plan, go get it brother  O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »
WTG gents!!!  Glad that you are starting off your November great.  I am back 100% and feeling better.  I had my 1st workout in almost a month.  Man... do I feel great.  I plan on going back tomorrow and stay on track. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 10:50:52 PM »
WTG gents!!!  Glad that you are starting off your November great.  I am back 100% and feeling better.  I had my 1st workout in almost a month.  Man... do I feel great.  I plan on going back tomorrow and stay on track. O0

WARHAWK O0

Glad to hear it bro! That must have been quite the sickness, and it isn't even winter for you guys yet... hopefully you've got your sicknesses out of the way for the season.

Glad to hear you had a great first day back into it, the first week back into it will be nothing but awesomeness haha!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 09:39:31 PM »
How is everyone going? we are a little past the half way mark!

I've just finished the first week of my new program and am really enjoying it. I foresee lots of good things coming from this new program! It's a little bit testing on my shoulder, but hopefully that turns out to be a good thing!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 11:59:10 PM »
Doing good on my end, been traveling a LOT but still getting my workouts in as committed, had nice 25 mile ride targeting speed today and hitting 4 strength sessions a week. Elbow seems to be healing as very little pain lately.
Cheers,
Ty

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 12:00:40 AM »
oh and nice photo there Beardman, looks like you been getting some sun!!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 12:18:47 AM »
Good job! glad to hear you are keeping on track even with all your travels  O0

Cheers mate, working outdoors means I see a lot of sun, whether I like it or not... but who doesn't haha!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 08:46:15 AM »
Hey all,
Here in the US we celebrated Thanksgiving.....a festival were we all gorge our selves on Turkey, tatters, grog and pie!!!

Weighed in this AM -.5 pounds....That's a first for the day after!!
(but I did do a weight lifting session for over a hour before the feast!)

Sure has been quiet here....lonely it is!!!   ???

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »
Very nice! For a festival of food you've done well!

I've had some the least energetic days at work this week, I've had my backside parked on a backhoe for the past 3 days so the only real exercise has been at the gym, so I've snuck up a couple of kilograms (~4lbs) but with some awesome 80-85 degree days over the weekend, I'm sure I'll manage to get back down again :D

It certainly has been quite lonely, I guess everyone in the north is huddling in doors hibernating for the winter!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »
Well today ends the month ad I exceeded all my goals, rain or shine...

How did you do Beardman? Warhawk, you been real quiet!

We have seen the fitness following go dark, but I aint quieting!

Beardman you want to open the December thread? Let you run it for bit?
Cheers,
Ty

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 09:36:43 AM »
November was a disaster for me fitness wise.  The first two weeks of the month, I was working storm restoration duty (Hurricane Sandy). I made zero trips to the gym and there was always some kind of food around our emergency center.  After that, I worked extra hours to catch up on my regular job.  Then the Thanksgiving holiday arrived.  Instead of my normal three to four trips weekly trips to the gym, I averaged one a week for the month.  The result is that I gained three pounds and feel sluggish. 

I hit the gym last night and this morning.  Gotta make December better than November,

Enter your email address: