Author Topic: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!  (Read 129880 times)

Offline socctty

• Sly Jr.
  • Finally sly.
I'm sure none of the below has gone unsaid, but I thought I'd gather it here in one place since a lot of guys cite the subject of this thread as a reason not to go sly.

While I was just shaving my head in the shower, I was thinking about how I used to tell myself the same thing. But an idea hit me - most guys think that they can't pull it off because of the SLY mystique, as I call it. A sly guy is not only a bald guy, but a bald guy with confidence about being bald. No one really notices anyone without confidence, but a confident person attracts attention. And a SLY guy attracts even more. Hence, the sly mystique. Sly guys would look good with or without a bald head! The liberating act of going bald brings about the confidence that truly makes a man sly.

So, if you're sitting on the fence, jump to our side.

Besides, have you ever heard a woman say any of the following?
- "I sure love a man with a comb-over"
- "There's nothing sexier than a man with a receding hairline"
- "I love it when a man looks like a slob because he doesn't have time to style his hair"

I doubt you have! Plenty of women dig a smooth head. And those that don't are only waiting to meet a man with one. Ask any woman what she finds sexy in a man, and you'll hear "confidence" a hell of a lot more often than "the hair that the guy in the Rogaine commercial has." Or "a nice toupee" or even just a plain ol' "nice hair."

The day I decided that I would shave my head was the day I saw one of my superiors at a large conference. In my field, you have to be bold and confident. But he spoke meekly, didn't assert himself, and as he stood under a light in the room, his comb-over was fully on display for 200 people to see - to be unable to ignore. I don't mean to shame him. But it was obvious that he wasn't confident in himself and the comb-over was the neon lighting framing it all. Enough neon to make Vegas blush. He's always conveyed himself as a man angry with himself and his personal life, come to think of it. He's a man that could use a HeadBlade, even if he had the hair.

So, to summarize - you WILL look good with a shaved head, because you will be more confident in yourself! You will carry yourself like a man that has nothing to hide, and just to prove it, is willing to put it on display. So go shave it.

(sticky topic? :D)

"You can't hate man if you know him."
- John Steinbeck

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed -- I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself."
- Georges Clemenceau

"Nothing is more unsightly than a bald man with hair."
- Martial

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 08:05:59 PM »
Great post Soccty!  You've got your sticky post!  And, I think it will make it to the blog as well.   O0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 08:14:12 PM »
Very well said socctty!  O0

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:22:26 PM »
Hell yes! Kudos to you for that, I couldn't have said it better if I tried! Great post!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 08:28:09 PM »
Way to go socctty.  One of the best I've read.  With oratory like that we should run you on the Sly ticket next election.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 06:09:02 AM »
 :D O0 BEAUTIFUL post, Socctty! Encomiums for that. You have more insight than half the psychology professors with whom I work. After the adjustment, anticipating that gleaming, sly-bald silhouette in the mirror is like a shot of adrenaline--hence the confidence. Stay sly and spirited, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline EkEkEkEk

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 08:35:31 AM »
nice. that was the single most important post i have read on here. and tonight...it's going down!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 09:54:35 AM »
nice. that was the single most important post i have read on here. and tonight...it's going down!

W0*
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline EkEkEkEk

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »
mission accomplished!! how ridiculously liberating!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 08:33:57 PM »
mission accomplished!! how ridiculously liberating!

Way to go man!!  I look forward to the after pics.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 02:57:10 PM »
Amen brudder. Well said.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 08:36:33 PM »
words of wisdom... well said friend.    O0
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 05:36:27 PM »
Super post!  Thanks!  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline karatedragon

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 01:20:26 PM »
amazing - love this site

Offline TeChNo2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 03:37:05 PM »
well said !