Author Topic: New member - after some advice  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Ellzy241

• Learning the way of Sly
New member - after some advice
« on: September 11, 2017, 02:26:38 PM »
Hi guys,
Been lurking for a few days, decided to make a login and get stuck in!
I started losing my hair around a year ago and i've finally had enough. I still haven't gone for it just yet however im edging closer and closer each day. The main problem i have is my weight.
I got a bit too comfortable in a relationship and lost all motivation to go to the gym after i started losing my hair. I've finally started working out again but obviously have a long way to go... im wondering whether i should brave the shave now, or wait until i've got down to my weight goal (which will take a while as i've only just started excising again).
What do you guys think? i don't want to shave it all off now if it means i'll end up looking silly.
What's everyones experience with being bald / slightly overweight? I would rather ride it out for the time being until i feel a bit better about myself, but then again i literally cannot stand my hair right now. I have really bad MPB so i do feel a clean shave will look a lot better rather than the messy, less presentable thin hair with a massive bald patch on my crown. I'm still young at 27 and have a beard so im helping that will help balance by face a bit.

Also i apologise if this is a stupid question, i've had a browse on here and i was hoping to find a thread with before & after shots of people to get some inspiration. Does such a thread exist on here? if so could someone link me as i can't seem to find any (only separate posts).

cheers

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: New member - after some advice
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 05:03:18 PM »
A head shave is an improvement regardless of your body weight.
SlyBeard

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: New member - after some advice
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 05:54:22 PM »
You better loss weight first. Most of us members are perfect specimens of manhood !!  Of course I'm only joking !!   Shave it now , see if you like it , but give yourself time to adjust to the new look.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."