Author Topic: The bald 'shine'  (Read 2637 times)

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
The bald 'shine'
« on: December 19, 2016, 09:45:12 AM »

How do I get the bald shine?   I love using lotion after I shave and I apply it (usually) in the mornings...  My GF says it's because I have too much hair (I shaved a bit early)...  I like seeing the shine...

-Never going back to the tyranny of hair!  :)

Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
Re: The bald 'shine'
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 09:55:55 AM »
use something with argan oil or Shea butter. Preferably organic.

Headblade.com also sells headlube which shines a bit, and theres other lotions and rubs that guys on here can recommend.

Personally I thought I would need some at first as well, but now that I'm almost 2 months into it, my skin is adjusted and I dont put anything on at all, within a hour my head naturally oils up and shines.

Give your head a few weeks to acclimate and it should start oiling up on its own. If it doesn't, then you can find a product you like and consistently use it.

For now, a little bit of vasoline will calm your head after a shave and keep it moist for a whole day. Seriously, a very little bit. The stuff spreads like mad.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 10:07:51 AM »
I mix my own aftershave conditioner/shiner.

Mix 90 percent witch hazel, 10 percent aloe, and a few drops of  tea tree oil.

After shaving, rinse with cold water, dry, and apply mixture once or twice. Soothes, conditions, leaves a great shine.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 03:23:54 PM »
I've used Shave Secret shaving oil after a shave it smells good lubricates and adds shine. Tried shaving with it , but it clogs my razor .  But after a shave it works great. Just use 3 - 4 drops. But I find my head shines without anything.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 04:48:34 PM »
Welcome, TheodorusRex
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 07:26:43 AM »
Welcome to the group.  I must have oily skin myself on my head as it shines after about an hour or so.  I too use Van Der Hagen Shave Butter to shave with and I have noticed that it shines faster when I use that verses shaving cream.  I at first didn't like the shine but have come to like it more as time has passed.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 07:50:37 AM by dshupe »

Enter your email address: