Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605610 times)

Offline That Bald Guy

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 10:17:56 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, found it through a search.  I've been interested in a permanent solution to removing my dome hair, and have wanted to look into laser for a while, just never have been in a position to do it.  I'd love to know if anyone in the Portland (Oregon) area has found somewhere experienced in doing so.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 11:37:28 AM »
I'm in the Portland area too bro (across the river in Vantucky!)....

Welcome!

I'm usually slick bald like yourself...just taking a break...from 15 years of daily baldness

It would be interesting if there is a place that that did that...

100% slick bald with no shadow....very cool and very SLY! O:O

Offline That Bald Guy

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 12:18:59 PM »
I just said Portland area cause it's a little more general.  I live in Washougal, work in Vancouver.. :)

BALDANDRE

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 12:36:18 PM »
I just said Portland area cause it's a little more general.  I live in Washougal, work in Vancouver.. :)

You must of been that cool sly bro that passed by me this morning! ;)

Nice to see you bro...maybe our "Couv" paths will cross! Maybe summer Ester Short concert days or somethin' O0

How long you been our in the "farm" area?

Offline That Bald Guy

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 01:17:12 PM »
Haha, Farm area?  I've been here since it WAS a farm area, my whole life.  My great uncle owned a dairy farm where Dorothy Fox School (on Prune Hill) is now!  I might have been, I dunno.  I take 14 to I-5 (exit 5) every morning around 6:30(ish) in a blue pickup.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 01:22:59 PM »
Haha, Farm area?  I've been here since it WAS a farm area, my whole life.  My great uncle owned a dairy farm where Dorothy Fox School (on Prune Hill) is now!  I might have been, I dunno.  I take 14 to I-5 (exit 5) every morning around 6:30(ish) in a blue pickup.

Now if you said 14 to 1-5 exit (exit 2)..that would be you! Just kiddin' on the farm thing...just outside of the downtown (where I'm at)...is what is left of the farms...and nice thing is there still are some!

Needless to say we're newbie here...so it is small town to us...which we like! O0

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »
I've been looking into this for years.  There are dozens of laser places in my city, and over the years I've talked to all of them.  I've only found one that will do it.  They use IPL.  Not sure what to expect with the gray hairs. Most if not all of the hair I have up top is still dark so I'm thinking of just having the top lasered.  Don't mind the horseshoe shawdow so much, but keeping the top slick once or twice a day is a hassle.

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 02:48:08 PM »
I just had my 2nd trip for zapping on Friday.  I also called some places a few years ago and nobody in my area would do it.  A new place opened and I decided to call them on a whim.  They were very cool and did not think it was too strange a request.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 03:49:01 PM »
It does look good.  How many treatments do you expect it to take?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »
I just had my 2nd trip for zapping on Friday.  I also called some places a few years ago and nobody in my area would do it.  A new place opened and I decided to call them on a whim.  They were very cool and did not think it was too strange a request.

Some guy...that is the most perfect bald dome I've ever seen on your avatar...

bald perfection... O0 O0 O0

lasering=GOOD!

B*)

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 06:19:38 PM »
It does look good.  How many treatments do you expect it to take?

Thanks. The laser tech set an expectation that to get rid of all the hair it could take 7-10 visits but she was unsure because she has never done head hair.  At this point I doubt it would take that many.  Even if it did, I'm not obsessed with being completely hair free- I don't mind shaving.  I like that the hair is finer, grows slower,  less chance for razor burn, the shadow is lighter etc.  I could stop now and be happy.  I'm paying $200 bucks a pop (no commitment the 5th visit is free).  My next visit isn't for 6 weeks. So hopefully I'll continue to see results and I'll decide if I want to continue lasering.

marty22

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 06:22:25 PM »
thats about the going rate; I had 12 treatments to get rid of my old transplanted hair over 2 years. GO FOR IT

Offline DENNIS

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 12:12:15 PM »
HI, IM NEW HERE,,  SO I WANTED TO POST I HAVE HAD 7 LASER TREATMENTS ON MY SCALP..  WOW PAINFUL,,  I WOULD SAY ABOUT 95% OF ALL MY HAIR ON MY SCALP IS NOT GROWING AT ALL,  WHAT IS LEFT IS PEACH FUZZZZZ AND VERY LIGHT, BARELY NOTICEABLE,,,  I AM GOING FOR THE 8TH AND LAST TREATMENT NEXT MONTH,,  THE DOC SAYS IT SHOULD ELIMINATE ALL MY HAIR...  IM NOT CONVINCED, BUT WE WILL SEE,,,  I WILL POST PICTURES ON MY WEB SITE AS SOON AS I AM DONE WITH THE TREATMENTS.. OH BY THE WAY, IT WAS $400 DOLLARS A SESSION,  OUCH.. I GUESS WE NEED A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO ADD UP MY BILL...  ANYWAY, I HAD MED TO DARK BROWN HAIR, NO GREY TO MENTION, AND IM 44,,,,  http://HTTP://WEB.MAC.COM/DENNISJTM
I WENT EVERY MONTH LIKE CLOCKWORK..  I WAS VERY PATCHY DURNING THE PROCESS,, BUT NOW IT BARELY NOTICEABLE AT ALL....   WE'LL SEE... LETS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED,,,,
OHH,,,  SHAVING NOW ON MY SCALP TAKES ABOUT 30 SECONDS, NO CREAM NEEDED,, I CAN DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED, AND SMOOTH AS A BABIES A&% FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS...
SEE U SOON..
DENNISJTM@COMCAST.NET
FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 12:55:01 PM »
Dennis, Now that is dedication.  Are you a totally BBC guy so into the bald look that you're having everything removed permanently, or a balding guy too impatient for Mother Nature to finish the job?  Either way, welcome aboard.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline DENNIS

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 01:42:35 PM »
HO, HI, I AM A BALDING GUY WITH MAYBE ONLY 20% OF MY HAIR GOING TO GODS GREEN EARTH,,  BUT ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO, I WENT SLY,  SLY EVER SINCE,,  JUST TIRED OF SHAVING, AND FIGURED I SHOULD DO IT BEFORE I TURNED GREY..  LASER DOES NOT AT ALL GET RID OF GREY HAIR, AT LEAST NOT NOW..  SO, NOW I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT BIG CLEAR DOME ON MY TOP.  NOT I GET,,  HEY, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR, HOW DO U GET SUCH A CLOSE SHAVE...   I SMILE AND SAY,  AHHHH  IM GOOD.. 
REMEMBER IF U START THE PROCESS, DONT STOP, MAKE THE COMMITMENT...IF U STOP AFTER A COUPLE OF TREATMENTS, U WILL NEVER BE SLY TOTALLY,,, BECOUSE AFTER 8 -9 TREATMENTS, IT HAS THE REVERSE EFFECT, AS ;:::: TO REGROW HAIR,,,  I GUESS I DONT NEED TO TELL U THAT....
ANYWAY,   THANKS FOR THE CUDOS....

DENNIS
DENNISJTM@COMCAST.NET
http://HTTP://WEB.MAC.COM/DENNISJTM