Author Topic: How often do you change blades?  (Read 12855 times)

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Re: How often do you change blades?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 07:00:32 AM »
I run atx + dorco pace 4 carts.  My hair is full, thick, and very tough... I can grow an Afro that puts quest love to shame. Needless to say I am bald by choice.  I shave usually everyday, occasionally skip a day if I'm lazy, I get typically 2 great shaves and 1 ok shave.  I can squeeze a 4th shave out if I use oil or something but between the poor shave, my skin reaction to oils, and how cheap I get the dorco carts I dont even bother with trying a 4th most of the time.  It is nice to know that I can if needed say during light travel for example. 

I used to use a remington rotary face shaver on my head.  I got it for around $30 back in like 2005-6, never changed the blade, and it still runs just as good. It's not as close as a blade but 0 irritation ever, much quicker, less water waste, and no money spent on cartridges and creams.  I just prefer chasing that smooth dome dragon so much that I'm willing to forgo all the positives of electric for that shiny, slick skull
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline rabidus

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »
I use a double edge razor. The blade I'm using now, Gillette Silver Blue, is only good for about 12 two pass shaves, WTG/ATG. It cost about $.18 cents a blade.

I got 18 two pass shaves from an Astra SP blade, which cost $.09 cents a blade.

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 05:12:57 AM »
 Gillette Fusion Pro Glide usually gives me about 10 shaves. I virtually nothing on top to shave and deep horseshoe in rear.

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 07:31:03 PM »
I use the headblade razors, I usually aim for lucky 7 shaves.
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Enter your email address: