Author Topic: Why can't I stop being 'sly'?  (Read 2606 times)

Offline SILBaldguy

• Sly Guy in Training
Why can't I stop being 'sly'?
« on: January 13, 2017, 06:36:56 PM »
Back almost 2 years ago I decided to shave my head to compensate for a widow's peak and bald spot at the crown which have grown over the last 1 and a half, but not considerably. Anyway I keep wanted to give myself a break for shaving my head after 18 months of shaving continuously, but I can never seem to go with it and keep wanting to shave anyway. Anyone else have this happen, and what if anything does it mean?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Why can't I stop being 'sly'?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:16:23 PM »
 it means that you have found the hairstyle that you feel comfortable with!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 12:15:02 AM »
I agree.  After twelve years of shving I have found (now retred) that I shave every three days and it is great to return each time to the felling of smoothness.
Roger

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:14:30 AM »
Yes, SIL, I know exactly what you are experiencing. BBC for 3.5 years here, and have decided numerous times to grow it back, but about 3 or 4 weeks into it, I shave it off again. Several reasons, I don't like my white hair, I think I look younger without it. My dermatitis issues completely clear up if I shave my head daily, and I just think guys with shaved heads look great. Now I'm not sure why I even attempt growing it back, I seem to convince myself that bald is best.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 08:49:56 AM »
I work 12 hour rotating shifts, so it's hard to shave everyday. But after three days, I tend to itch a lot (I guess I have a simiar condition to reddog's) so pretty much the itching encourages me to stop being lazy (not to mention I "fired" one of my barbers last week, but that's for another thread)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.