Author Topic: Denial is not a river in Egypt!  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Denial is not a river in Egypt!
« on: December 10, 2015, 10:05:37 PM »
so I am at barber school tonight giving a nice conservative casual business cut to a high school senior when the student in the chair next to me gets a customer. 

This customer is an Hispanic gang banger type with all of the appropriate gang tattoos.  He is in his late 20's and I CAN COUNT THE NUMBER OF HAIRS LEFT ON HIS HEAD!  The customer tells my fellow student that he wants a medium high bald fade with the top left at about 3/4 of an inch.  Throughout the entire haircut he is giving my buddy directions, changing his mind, wanting him to "fade out" the line where his MPB starts, etc.

I have never seen anyone in such an extreme state of denial!  It was really sad.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Denial is not a river in Egypt!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 10:55:13 AM »
I had no idea what a bald fade was when I read your post, so I looked it up. When I saw the images on the web and thought of the guy you described wanting one, I cracked up.

How did your fellow student manage to do anything even approaching it?
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 11:00:49 AM »
Sad but not uncommon. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 11:02:34 AM »
You're making me want to dig up the thread about the skunk stripe around the back of the head.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 11:06:46 AM »
I always thought that once headshaving became mainstream that going bald would cease to be a big deal for the younger generation.  Clearly, though, people are still struggling with it.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 12:47:45 PM »
Yes, denial is common in some young guys.  I know this guy, around age 25, and really thinned out on top.  Wears the see-thru dark brown hair combed forward, bangs to his eyes.  Granted his sides/back hair is thick, but the top is not.  He grew a medium reddish-brown beard to off set the balding but insists that "just a bit thinning on top".  BTW - he teaches marketing.