Author Topic: Disadvantage: I'm vain  (Read 8512 times)

Offline Andy007

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm maybe not sly, but that's ok :)
Disadvantage: I'm vain
« on: July 24, 2007, 10:50:46 AM »
yes, im vain.  :-\ . im 23 and i look younger than this, more like 20. i know vainity is not the best trait (is that the right word?) of a human, but what can i do???

its cool if you arent vain. i cant imagine how that must be.  :-\

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
Re: Disadvantage: I'm vain
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 12:09:13 PM »
Hey Andy,

Vanity is a pretty common trait in 20 somethings actually ... (& it's amazing how many people think that they look younger than they actually do) but fortunately vanity (like hair) often diminishes with age & experience!  O0
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »
Great response ShySlyGuy!

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Andy007

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm maybe not sly, but that's ok :)
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »
Hey Andy,

Vanity is a pretty common trait in 20 somethings actually ... (& it's amazing how many people think that they look younger than they actually do) but fortunately vanity (like hair) often diminishes with age & experience!  O0

ya, good response. i think people in young years, like kids and teenagers, dont have skills, they dont have money, they dont have experience , they dont have anything but their young age and their looks. im still like this. im not very far in my developement and i never was in my life. so i need to compensate this with my looks.

JohnMont

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 08:29:10 AM »
I think we're all vain to various degrees.   You don't think all the guys in here are concerned with their looks (i.e. VAIN !?!?)    You have to keep it in proportion, though.   And head shaving is kind of paradoxical.   Its very un-vain to shave off all your hair, saying,  I don't need to keep this stuff  (hair being the focus of so many people's vanity) ..   Yet many shave because they believe (hell, they KNOW) it will improve their looks-- so of course it's done with vanity.  But beyond vanity is the knowledge that you have cast aside THE most conventional idea of what good looks are all about (a full head of hair) .

Andy, my advice to you, for what it's worth, is to try to formulate a self image based on what you think the most desirable traits in a man are.  Then cultivate those traits.  For most, a no-nonsense, straightforward image (often with buzzed / shaved hair) corresponds to the idea of a man as forthright, hardworking, uncomplaining, unself-centered. .....   So don't just cultivate an image; cultivate an attitude/ mindset that GOES WITH the image.

Bald_freak

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »
I know this is an old post but I just stumbled across it.

I would of listed vanity as an advantage. Alot of people hide behind thier hair, It takes balls to lop it off at first and expose your face for every one to see.

marty22

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »
vanity......................caused me to get transplants years and years ago.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 04:17:47 PM »
I am vain to a certain extent, If I wasn't I would look like Ernie McCracken (Bill Murray) in Kingpin if I did not take the time and care to shave my head, go to the gym, wash and iron my clothes, etc.  all in order to give myself a good appearance.

If necessity is the mother of invention, circumstance must be the mother of re-invention. 

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Vin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 10:24:30 PM »
marty22, anyone ever tell you that you kind of look like Bruce Willis? Yippy-Ki-Yay.... 8)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:29:11 PM by Vin »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 01:21:44 AM »
Wow, Marty does have the same facial expressions as Willis.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 07:14:29 AM »
I'm sorry guys, what was the topic? I was too busy looking at my awsome pecs, ripped arms and extremely sexy bald head in the mirror.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 07:22:02 AM »
In my head:

Reality:

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 07:46:10 AM »
Funny stuff, Noner.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 07:00:18 PM »
Hey Andy,

Someone told me they thought I was in my early thirties, and I'm only 20!

Bald_freak

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 09:36:02 PM »
Hey Andy,

Someone told me they thought I was in my early thirties, and I'm only 20!

Ouch!!! But, don't worry that'll probably reverse it self in the next 5-10 years. When I was 16 I could walk into any bar or liquor store with no problems. Now at 30 I get carded all the time.