Author Topic: The criminal element (nerding while bald)  (Read 3779 times)

(|8-)

The criminal element (nerding while bald)
« on: August 01, 2010, 08:27:40 PM »
Today I was sitting in the library, at a table in a deserted part of the building, working on my computer. 

After about an hour of minding my own business, two police officers approached me and demanded to see ID.  (I should add this is California, not Arizona.)

Since I mistakenly left my wallet at home, I actually only had some business cards on me, and that satisfied them, so I don't feel very safe if a real suspect could get away with that.

They explained (but didn't really apologize) that they were looking for a guy who matches my description.  They didn't explain why they were looking in the most boring part of the city.  (Air conditioning?)

So guys, if you are going to commit a crime:  please grow in some hair first.  Thank you.  Also, don't try escaping by pretending to be a computer nerd in the public library.  So many people have tried that before that it's the first place they'll look.

Offline JBGood

• Say NO to the horseshoe and combover!
  • Sly Jr.
Re: The criminal element (nerding while bald)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 12:07:40 AM »
LOL! Bad Boys! Bad Boys! Whatcha gonna do?! Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?! .....  Give them your business card!

(|8-)

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 01:03:57 AM »
LOL! Bad Boys! Bad Boys! Whatcha gonna do?! Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?! .....  Give them your business card!
I should have given him the whole elevator pitch.  "Well, keep this in case you know anyone who needs an iPhone app designed..."

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 06:57:56 AM »
Profiling? :Xo!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:50:51 AM »
If they are told to look for a specific dsescription (white male/shaved head) that's not profiling.

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 04:28:04 PM »
Today I was sitting in the library, at a table in a deserted part of the building, working on my computer. 

After about an hour of minding my own business, two police officers approached me and demanded to see ID.  (I should add this is California, not Arizona.)

Umm.. you don't exactly look Mexican anyway.. so it probably wouldn't matter if you were in AZ either.
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 09:41:39 AM »

Umm.. you don't exactly look Mexican anyway.. so it probably wouldn't matter if you were in AZ either.

I just came upon this post. I agree phigg. Whatever your name is: what are you some kind of A-hole!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 12:27:38 PM »
I've got a real easy rule of thumb. If law enforcement asks to see my ID I keep my mouth shut and show it to them.