Author Topic: what do you think  (Read 16173 times)

Offline thinningfabio

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: what do you think
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 11:49:17 PM »
Good point David. I think ill shave - only question is when - weather is always an issue here, so at the very least, ill have to wait until i can get a warm hat shipped up here (ive never had to wear a warm hat with long hair, so i have no way to protect my head from the cold).
There is a big difference between long hair and being bald, but i think im ready for it.
Thanks for your input everyone!

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 12:37:33 AM »
No problem, i'm only 23(will be 24 in june).    I too had thick/long hair, the only difference is that I am bald by choice as I could grow it back if I wanted.

Here is an old pic for comparison.

bald for life

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 05:19:52 AM »
thinningfabio, anyone ever told you you look like John Malkovich? If/when you shave your head, I'm sure you will be told so all the time! John Malkovich looks way cool with a shaved dome.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 07:15:25 AM »
....anyone ever told you you look like John Malkovich? 

Yeah...I can see that.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 05:04:17 PM »
I have two words for you..........................

SHAVE IT!!!!!!!

That is all, you may return to your homes peacefully
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

spaceape48

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 06:50:07 PM »
You could always shave your head, but just leave some hair in the back part- kind of like a harycrushna(spelling?). This way your girl will still have the long hair she loves and you'll have the satisfaction of the sly look too!

Seriously though, if it bothers you and you think you will look good with it, then you should go for it. You said your girl likes the long hair thing, well she might just like the shaved head thing but doesn't know it yet. Get a beanie if you go through with it- life savers.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 03:41:10 PM »
i could give you ways to make her LOVE a bald head. but we have to keep this PG-13.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »
i could give you ways to make her LOVE a bald head. but we have to keep this PG-13.

oh really? I would love to know what they are!!
(private message :D) lol
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline juventus206

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm far to good looking to have hair.
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 03:57:34 PM »
I had a heck of time taking the leap to shave my head.  The insecurities that come with the line of thinking "what if I don't look better or what if I look worse"  that came with the decision are a pain.  But, after recently taking the leap, I feel much better about myself.  Of course there are those who say that it looks terrible, but there are some that think it looks good.  In the end, it comes to how I feel about myself, which is significantly better.  I no longer HAVE to have a hat to go somewhere because of how I felt others would percive me.  Also, you may be able to get some points with your girlfriend if you decide to shave your hair off then donate it to a charity that makes wigs for cancer patients.  Eitherway, good luck.

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »
If you want my opinion ... you probably don't but you're gonna get it anyway ... you should shave it.  Why?

1. Personally speaking I think long hair rarely suits a man.  it may have suited Antony keidis and a few others but dammit man it's 00's, not the 80's!

2. The rock band Europe had long hair, that's enough to make any sane person shave their head.

3. you're receding and it's obviously an issue otherwise you wouldn't be here. you need a solution.  Shaving it all off (it doesn't need to be a razor shave) is a way to tackle this problem head on.  It will show you are not worried about your receding hairline as you're showing it off to the world and it WILL give you more confidence.  Plus it looks cool.

4. the bird will like it.

5. it is a scientific fact that bald men have superior sex appeal, magnificent strength and stamina, the ability to leap tall buildings with a single bound, more powerful than a train etc etc we don't like to boast or anything but it's all true.  8)

6. it's a lot neater and smarter and it's a hair style that suits just about anybody.

Go for it dude!

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 04:05:25 PM »
You could always shave your head, but just leave some hair in the back part- kind of like a harycrushna(spelling?).

or hairy crushnas?  ;D

spaceape48

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 04:14:54 PM »
You could always shave your head, but just leave some hair in the back part- kind of like a harycrushna(spelling?).

or hairy crushnas?  ;D

Yeah, I like that spelling better :D

BaldRob

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 07:37:32 PM »
But, how can i be confident with a shaved head if my gf doesnt want it to happen? I know I should be my own man, but the ramifications are clear. jeez, balding is difficult!

Don't worry about the ramifications...  you are 18!!  If you want to shave it, then shave it! If you don't, then don't!  Just don't let a girl control your actions, because, once again you're 18 and have a whole lot of time to find Ms. Right.  I think Robmeister has a magazine dealing with your situation... B3M3

Offline thinningfabio

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »
haha thanks all of you,
john malkovitch, jeez
Right now I usually get harvey keitell in taxi driver

spaceape48

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 08:17:30 PM »
Could be worse- I've been called Uncle Fester...among other things like "meathead".....whatever that means.