Author Topic: Buzzing it tomorrow... maybe.  (Read 21642 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: Buzzing it tomorrow... maybe.
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 09:31:41 PM »
isn't the air force a dept of the navy? maybe i am wrong :-\ guess there is a first time for everything. 8)

I'm just not even going to go there.  At least Air Force has a worthwhile SOCOM representation.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »
owell, they all serve the same great country. they are all good in thier own way. let's get back to the topic at hand before somebody starts a barfight and breaks something.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 09:33:16 PM »
isn't the air force a dept of the navy? maybe i am wrong :-\ guess there is a first time for everything. 8)

I'm just not even going to go there.  At least Air Force has a worthwhile SOCOM representation.

And you're saying the Navy doesn't?? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ???

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »
If you think the Seals are good, there is no point is having a realistic military conversion with you.  You have been too corrupted by Hollywood to have ideas that guys just need to be big and kick in a door to be good.  The Sea Bee are alright, but they only benefit the navy.  At the air forces combat controls make airfields for all.  As the army goes no need for water landings.

BaldRob

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2007, 05:41:45 AM »
If you think the Seals are good, there is no point is having a realistic military conversion with you.  You have been too corrupted by Hollywood to have ideas that guys just need to be big and kick in a door to be good.  The Sea Bee are alright, but they only benefit the navy.  At the air forces combat controls make airfields for all.  As the army goes no need for water landings.

I think someone else is a little biased towards their own... ;)  I'll give you this... delta and seal team 6 are probably pretty close to being equals.

Seabees aren't SOCOM.  They're construction... kind of like the Corps of Engineers, only better!  ;)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2007, 07:47:44 AM »
owell, they all serve the same great country. they are all good in thier own way. let's get back to the topic at hand before somebody starts a barfight and breaks something.

Wow...I was sleeping when all this was being batted around.

In '99 I was just weeks away from heading to R.I. for training as a Navy Chaplain.  The wife got pregnant with our first and I would have to be gone for the WHOLE 9 MONTHS and the birth.  Chose to back out of the enlistment.

I'm with Paul...you guys ALL do a bang up job preserving our freedoms!!!

I like this one from above"

You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet up with your friends.

He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2007, 08:00:11 AM »
I never served in the Armed Forces, so I can't comment on which branch of the military is better than the other. All I know is that me, my wife, and my kids appreciate (without reservation) the work and commitment that our enlisted servicemen have to protecting our way of life. We have the greatest VOLUNTEER military in the world and there is no other country that can make that statement.

You are all appreciated in the House of Schro ..... especially those servicemen that are SLY.

Have a great Friday!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2007, 08:11:26 AM »

You are all appreciated in the House of Schro

And in the Robmeister camp!!

BaldRob

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2007, 09:43:19 AM »
I never served in the Armed Forces, so I can't comment on which branch of the military is better than the other. All I know is that me, my wife, and my kids appreciate (without reservation) the work and commitment that our enlisted servicemen have to protecting our way of life. We have the greatest VOLUNTEER military in the world and there is no other country that can make that statement.

You are all appreciated in the House of Schro ..... especially those servicemen that are SLY.

Have a great Friday!
Schro

Just a little interservice rivalry!  All branches deserve the utmost respect...

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2007, 10:22:54 AM »
Reminds me of Kiefer Sutherland's line in "A Few Good Men" when he's on the witness stand.

"I appreciate you Navy Guys. Whenever we need to secure a beach head, you always give us a ride".
Probably not an exact quote, but you get the idea.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2007, 10:37:51 AM »
Reminds me of Kiefer Sutherland's line in "A Few Good Men" when he's on the witness stand.

"I appreciate you Navy Guys. Whenever we need to secure a beach head, you always give us a ride".
Probably not an exact quote, but you get the idea.

Funny thing about that is yes, the Navy transports the Marines... and then shells the crap out of the beach so they can land safely!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2007, 12:55:52 PM »
USMC and army are more along the same line of work, but the Jarheads are a different breed all together.  Seriously after doing some joint service operations I respect all branches (even coast guard).
I actually even started to question how things would have been different if I went the Marine route, only if the would have taken me.  Man, I'll tell you too, I really tried hard to get my head to fit in that jar but near could get past the ears. ;)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2007, 01:18:35 PM »

I really tried hard to get my head to fit in that jar but near could get past the ears. ;)

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2007, 01:27:53 PM »
Again thank you to those who serve our country.       Not something I was/am interested in doing, but props to you who do because I appreciate it.

bald for life

BaldRob

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2007, 01:30:21 PM »
USMC and army are more along the same line of work, but the Jarheads are a different breed all together.  Seriously after doing some joint service operations I respect all branches (even coast guard).
I actually even started to question how things would have been different if I went the Marine route, only if the would have taken me.  Man, I'll tell you too, I really tried hard to get my head to fit in that jar but near could get past the ears. ;)

Yeah... every branch is unique!  I gained a lot of respect for the Marines last month watching them go through the paces during the equipment evaluation.  Those guys are bad ass!

While I was in, we did a lot of underway time with LE Dets from the Coast Guard... those guys are hard core too!